Dragon's Dogma 2

Zloth

I smell a... wumpus!?
Now available for pre-order at $70 USD.

The Deluxe edition costs $10 more. It offers music & sound effects, some little cheat items and... A character editor? What kind of character editor, I wonder? Like "let's triple my strength" character editor? Or just something to make your nose a little smaller?

I'm a bit dubious about those 'rift crystals.' I hope those are something you get in-game, not something for you to pay extra money for.

Release date is March 21st or 22nd, probably depending on time zone.

I had a great time with the first Dogma yet I'm unlikely to pick this one up until it hits the under ten bucks discount rate. It's just not the style I gravitate to these days.

I also won't preorder. Hubby will pick it up once it is released and I will let him test it out first.

$127.95 in New Zealand. Should really be about $113 going by the exchange rate, and at Fanatical I can get it for $92 with a pre-order discount.
In contrast, Rogue Trader is $69.99 in NZD.

I notice in the Deluxe edition of DD2 it mentions "1500 Rift Crystals - Points to Spend Beyond the Rift". I hope this doesn't mean they've monetised the shit out of it.

He seems to be your ultimate test for quite a few games. :D
I tested a few games for him too - Kingmaker, WotR, Rogue Trader and Expeditions: Viking ;)

I'll certainly wait, as I almost always do. We're getting this one along with the consoles, so there will be lots of bugs to fix in the early days. DLC is possible, too - might as well wait for that to show up.

I loved the first game but really had no desire to play it through a second time. Though another shot at this guy is a bit tempting:
Damian mk 2.jpg

Because Dragon's Dogma 1 was. There has always been some debate about whether the game is a JRPG or a Western RPG that just happened to be made in Japan.

Because Dragon's Dogma 1 was. There has always been some debate about whether the game is a JRPG or a Western RPG that just happened to be made in Japan.
Yeah, idk. DD1 isn't a JRPG to me anymore than Dark Souls is. If being from Japan makes it a JRPG then how do we label the JRPGs not made in Japan?

Yeah, idk. DD1 isn't a JRPG to me anymore than Dark Souls is. If being from Japan makes it a JRPG then how do we label the JRPGs not made in Japan?
DD1's story seemed JRPG'ish to me: a somewhat strange story where self-sacrifice played a big role. Everything else about it either felt western or wholly unique, though. I think I put the original DD1 topic here simply because Capcom made the game.

Back in the days when Japanese developers were making games primarily for Japanese audiences, you could take the shortcut of saying "It's from Japan" and people would know a lot about the game just from that. RPG Watch itself purposefully didn't include JRPGs until around when this sub forum started up! That shortcut doesn't really help at all these days, though. Especially when you try to figure out what to do with games coming out of China and S. Korea. Telling those developers that they are making Japanese RPGs isn't going to go down well.

Maybe the term can be left to history?

I think JRPG is arguably the most vague of all those terms. Some say it's RPGs made in Japan, others say it's FF-like RPGs (typically characterized by manga art, RPG mechanics, deep story telling).

Personally I don't see the point of a category just for games coming from Japan, so I tend to be in the 2nd camp. I don't consider DS or DD1/2 as JRPGs.

Fashion Dogma is fun lol - which of the 3 outfit you guys like the best? :D

Fashion Dogma.jpg

For most fair comparison - took screenshots at exact same spot as well:
Fashion Dogma JPG.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom