Drakensang: TDE - A Closer Look Video

It lacks something exciting, like powers and toys - interesting writing, interesting exploration, an interesting setting, interesting NPCs - and so on.
It's not about what YOU find interesting.
Is it that hard to appreciate that you like apples and I like bananas?

:) Not at all. I didnt try to change your opinion. I was just curious to know more. I have no problem with your opinion about the game.

:) Not at all. I didnt try to change your opinion. I was just curious to know more. I have no problem with your opinion about the game.

Glad to hear that :)

I might try it again, down the line - just to see why you guys are so excited by this game.

Can't make any promises - but I'll try to explain what I feel is missing, if and when I do.

Unless, of course, it turns out it was all a dream - and I was actually enjoying all those aspects back then :)

I would've really liked Drakensang but for the combat. Loved the skills and system, hated how the AI would go straight for the weakest armored characters and how my melee guys couldn't effectively protect the backline.

To me, this was one of the game's challenges. I liked it this way, as it seemed to me to be most natural.

Going for the tank isn't natural to me, imho.

I'm excited by Drakensang because it's such a pen-and-paper style experience. The developers certainly went all-in for a video game adaption of the PnP game, and it clearly shows.

I think if you like PnP-style games with endless lore, rich character development, complex stat systems with dice rolls, plenty of skill checks and roleplay opportunities, topped off with tactical RTwP combat, Drakensang is a game you *should* enjoy. :)

DArtagnan said:
I might try it again, down the line - just to see why you guys are so excited by this game.
Can't make any promises - but I'll try to explain what I feel is missing, if and when I do.

Well, I dont think your opinion will change much. So when you will share it with us, there will be another 100 comments here. :)

To me, this was one of the game's challenges. I liked it this way, as it seemed to me to be most natural.
Going for the tank isn't natural to me, imho.

Well, there was one flaw that enemies could go through your heroes.
But basically you are right! Those combat systems who are designed around enemies attacking tanks are nonsensical and screw up imho. Good group combat system should provide challenge and should be balanced according to intelligence of enemies or positioning. Giant rats usually shouldnt chase your mages but group of veteran human warriors… its different story.

Those giant rats were special - and some kind of in-game joke.

@Dart : If you perceived Drakensang as dull - what games do meet your taste, then ?

@Dart : If you perceived Drakensang as dull - what games do meet your taste, then ?

Allow me to answer that. They must have a huge budget, have lots of explosions, shiny, state-of-the-art graphics, and be triple A (AAA) titles.

When these requirements are met, DArt will become an irrational fanboi. :D

Allow me to answer that. They must have a huge budget, have lots of explosions, shiny, state-of-the-art graphics, and be triple A (AAA) titles.
When these requirements are met, DArt will become an irrational fanboi. :D

So you just need to hire Michael Bay as lead designer to make impression, right? :lol:

Well, Michael Bay doing Drakensang would be something I might want to see :)

It would be what I'd call "heavy metal Drakensang" :p

Back
Top Bottom