Drakensang: TRoT - Download Version Released in NA

Is this really available? I'm also seeing it listed as a pre-order on GamersGate, and Amazon isn't letting me order it.

I was able to buy it from impulse with out issues. I started it but have not actually created a character. The initial narration is so so and the graphics are nice. I was trying to find an online manual - they label graphic options low medium up. I presume up is maximum but who knows; weird label :)

I was able to buy it from impulse with out issues. I started it but have not actually created a character. The initial narration is so so and the graphics are nice. I was trying to find an online manual - they label graphic options low medium up. I presume up is maximum but who knows; weird label :)

The game became available for download on GamersGate an hour or so ago, so I was able to pick it up.

Like you, however, I've been unable to find a manual in the installed directory or anywhere online. I don't suppose anyone knows how to go about getting one, as I'm completely unfamiliar with The Dark Eye game system?

I was surprised that the game was better than the first.

But wasn't that obvious from the reports ???????

(And I want to be offered as well a game for 20 Euros which costs internationally 40 !!!!!!! :cm: )

Like you, however, I've been unable to find a manual in the installed directory or anywhere online. I don't suppose anyone knows how to go about getting one, as I'm completely unfamiliar with The Dark Eye game system?

Use the Drakensang 1 manual. There aren't too many bigger differences regarding the rules system.

And please do use the information threads provided in the Drakensang sub-forums !!!!!!!

[I'm a bit over-emotional today ...]

just right click EVERYTHING in your character screen and inventory, every number that you don't know about, right click on it and it'll tell you exactly what it is, every spell, every skill.
I'm liking it so far, but it takes a long time to get the first companion and my backpack is already full! :) (yes, I know about the chest, but what if I need a rotten apple down the road for some quest?!)

Any word if they will be releasing a boxed version of this (in English or at least English subtitles)?

The game became available for download on GamersGate an hour or so ago, so I was able to pick it up.
Really? It shows as "not yet available" for me and lists no price for it. How much was it at GamersGate? But wait… What!! Oh for Pete's sake! GG had added SecuROM to it!! :mad:

Fine, there goes that option. Any news on the Impulse version being available in the EU soon?

Really? It shows as "not yet available" for me and lists no price for it. How much was it at GamersGate? But wait… What!! Oh for Pete's sake! GG had added SecuROM to it!! :mad:
Well, it's still $17.95, as far as I can see. In the US at least. They added SecuROM? I thought it said DRM-free when I bought it. Perhaps, I mixed that up.

I have to download the game tonight.

Given that the local partner is ValueSoft I would expect a boxed version to simply appear on the shelves without an announcement.

Well, it's still $17.95, as far as I can see. In the US at least. They added SecuROM? I thought it said DRM-free when I bought it. Perhaps, I mixed that up.

I have to download the game tonight.

The GamersGate listing definitely, definitely said "DRM-free" originally - I double-checked, because I was surprised.

Well, this is what GamersGate shows me:

dstrot.jpg

No price yet (i.e. not available yet, even if release date was 11th JAN) and sadly comes with SecuROM.

Well that is discouraging news regarding the inclusion of Securom, as I was really looking forward to an english release like this, and at such a low price, it seems like a no-brainer purchase decision. If possible, could someone who purchases TRoT from GG let us know if Securom causes any issues? If it doesn't, then the addition of Securom certainly won't cause me to refuse purchasing/playing the game. Thanks in advance.

How do they get away with changing the web-site like that? It originally said DRM free for me also. I hate SecuROM and all these other draconian copyt protection methods (which always fail to deter the actual pirates to begin with)!

I shouldn't judge a game by it's file size, but I see the original was 8+ gigs but TRoT is only a little less than 3 gigs. Is it an expansion? I know it's a prequel - is it meant to be shorter?

SecuROM probably kills it for me if that's ture. :(

Every second game uses SecuROM. The critical question is which SecuROM features are used.
dtp's retail games usually only use an offline version. Standard disk check and copy protection. But that's obviously impossible for DLs.

Interesting that they have a different cover for the NA version.

German:
drakensang_am_fluss_der_zeit.jpg

NA:
pc-drakensang-river-of-time-ap4017244026204.jpg

I don't think that the latter is an improvement. It actually looks at bit cheap in comparison, going for less clothes and more action.

Back
Top Bottom