Dungeon Siege Movie

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
Anyone heard of this? I just found out about it today. It has some famous actors in it including BURT REYNOLDS :) I can't believe he is doing a fantasy movie. Ray Liotta is Gallion (I don't remember Gallion) and Jason Statham will play the farmer hero.

I hope the movie isn't like the game where you just run along 1 path all the way to the end. It would be a little funny if Jason was just running and running and running hit bad guy, keep running and running.

Anyways, could be pretty interesting with all the stars they got in it. I still can't believe they got Burt.

Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Name_of_the_King

Homepage
http://www.inthenameoftheking.com/

The trailer looks OK. I expect the movie will be panned by critics but still be worth a rental when it comes to dvd.

What's the deal with Ray Liotta, anyway? Did he make an ass of himself recently? He seems to be the butt of a lot of jokes I've seen in the past few weeks.

I saw the ad a few days ago. You beat to posting about it.

aside from the FF cartoons this is the only movie made about a cRPG.

For some reason I thought this was canceled. I remember John Rhys Davies was supposed to be in it.

The problem with a Dungeon Siege movie could be twofold: if it has to do with a story then its not DS; and will theater goers wants to sit through endless combat by characters they don't control? I suppose that's the definitio of a movie but will they know the difference between that and a screen saver?

How can you make a movie about a mediocre game with no plot??!! There are just SO many better games which would make for a good film!!

the answer is the same reason they made the Mario Bros movie, the Mortal Kombat movie, and the Wing Commander movie: they have oodles of cash they don't know what to do with and they have products they want to endorse.

Any more sane production company would have cut this dog loose a long time ago. Heck, I think Sony even got out of the business after Ghostbusters 2.

Either way, I'd consider it a warm up for the Halo 3 movie.

Maybe we'll be surprised and it will end up being halfway decent. Maybe GPG might do some tie in that doesn't look 5 years old when the DVD is released.

And maybe pigs will fly backwards!! :)

I've seen pigs fly so maybe they can fly backwards ;)

I don't know why they chose this game. It's plot was laughable. Now System Shock 1 or 2. That would be a movie worth seeing in the theater. Angelina Jolie as Shodan :biggrin:

At least there is a dragonlance movie coming out pretty soon. It's based on the best Dragonlance trilogy ever. It's animated but hey beggars can't be choosers.

If the BIG D&D movie from a few years ago was based on any of the forgotten realms novels it would of been much better than that big stinkfest it was.

'Why make a movie about a game without plot?'
Dr. Uwe made 'House of the Dead' and 'Postal' into movies. While both games are known for their brilliant stories, the 'Postal' flick actually was hilarious (most, if not all other Boll flicks were hilarious for all the wrong reasons, but this one...). He also made the 'Alone in the Dark' movie. Well, that game had a story, and he managed to totally avoid it.
So... perhaps the DS movie is better than the piece of poop it's modelled after. It has a real chance. Despite Rhys-Davies.

The only Dr. Uwe movie I ever made myself watch was BloodRayne. And I agree with Jaz that it was hilarious for all the wrong reasons (a piece of silly trivia - he hired a real prostitute to play the corresponding part since it was cheaper that way).

When I see the name "Dr. Uwe" I think of the Dune character.

I've been reading the reviews for the movie and they all agree it is one of the worst movies ever. A lot of the reviewers say that it is Ray Liotta's worse performance ever and Burt looks slightly annoyed thoughout the whole thing. I'll have to watch it just to see Ray's over the top evil villian acting complete with the Muh ha ha ha ha laughter and Burts pissy performance:biggrin:

ray liota-star of the movie "no escape"-closest movie to the gothic game i've ever watched.

Jaz, what do you have against john ryhs davies? anyone who was an original 'slider' is automatically forgiven any bad movie choices and or bad acting period, in my book that is.

I will never forgive Uwe.
He just simply slaughtered Alone in The Dark, one of the best horror-adventure game ever.
Only he should do is to follow the story of the AitD 3. :furious:

Jaz, what do you have against john ryhs davies? anyone who was an original 'slider' is automatically forgiven any bad movie choices and or bad acting period, in my book that is.
He's been playing the same role over and over again - no matter whether he starred in Black Beauty, LotR, Shogun, Wing Commander or Dune 2000, which somehow makes me believe he can't act.
But perhaps I'm just sore that I ended up as Gimli when we assigned LotR movie roles among us in the theater.

i didn't know he was in shogun, still have never seen that miniseries.
i've seen taipan though and that has an actor who i think is always terrible myself--bryan brown--'star' of the fx movies.

He's been playing the same role over and over again - no matter whether he starred in Black Beauty, LotR, Shogun, Wing Commander or Dune 2000, which somehow makes me believe he can't act.
But perhaps I'm just sore that I ended up as Gimli when we assigned LotR movie roles among us in the theater.

Hey, he was great in Indiana Jones! :)cool:)

i didn't know he was in shogun, still have never seen that miniseries.

Watch it when you have the opportunity. Shogun is as good as it gets on TV. The series was a fascinating event when it came out, and it´s still very good today. Even the 2.5 hour TV-movie-abridged-version-thing is quite entertaining and certainly way above average.

Back
Top Bottom