Eclipse

pibbuR

Feeling ... lonely?
Did you see it?

pibbuR who observes that contrary to claims by some of his (very temporary) sources, the earth survived. And who, living in Norway has to content himself with

My entire family traveled to Ohio to watch it at my house. The temperature dropped around 8 degrees and my one dog was freaking out. I think he thought a thunderstorm was coming—total darkness for 1 minute 30 seconds. It was cool when you could take off the glasses during totality.

I also dressed as a Viking with my leather helmet, broad sword, tunic, war horn, and war hammer. I figured this would be the last one I see during my lifetime, so let's not anger Woden and Thor. :p

1712670867518.jpeg
This was the dog that wasn't having it. Icelandic Sheepdog. The birds were singing like it was dawn right before totality and then they stopped at totality. They started singing again when it started getting light again.

It was amazing. Was in Ohio too. The transition to totality was like someone switching the lights off, and seeing the corona and a couple prominences was beautiful. The reappearance of the sliver of sun as the “diamond ring” was stunning.

1712676803584.jpeg

I saw the sun wink out here in Florida yesterday yet whether that was due to clouds or the eclipse I honestly couldn't say. It last for maybe fifteen minutes.

I did not see it but when i was a kid we had a total or near total eclipse - i was somewhere between 4 and 6. Our parents sat us down and explain that we shouldn't look at it because it could make us go blind. We didn't have the glass thing but we did have these sheets of paper with pin holes. Anyway the group i hung out with (4 to 6 other kids in the neighborhood) would take quick glances at the sun during the eclipse. Sadly one little girl - i guess we were all little at the time - would glance at it declare that she didn't go blind and woudl just look at the sun. We all warned her not to but she was stubborn. Anyway she didn't go blind but it did do noticeable damage to her eyes and quite frankly i want nothing to with eclipse again.

Back
Top Bottom