Elden Ring journeys and experiences

Here's a great calculator for weapons. You can set your build attributes, select the weapons and parameters you want to see, and it generates a table that you can sort however you wish.

I saw that the Bandit's Curved Sword was the best option for my sorcerer since I acquired the Glintstone Whetblade to apply Magic (or Cold) affinity. Before that, I was right to use the Carian Knight's Sword, apparently. I miss the Bloodhound's Fang and its deadly combo, though.

It's funny how some enemies are easier (and others more difficult) with a blade / sorcerer type than with a samurai. For example, the banished knights are much easier if you can keep some distance from them.

@booboo For what it's worth, I've just defeated Rennala with a sorcerer / sword build (prisoner starting class, added a lot of INT and some DEX) at level 40-something. I found it much harder than the first time when I had a melee build, even during the first phase. So I see what you meant.

I saw she's 80% resistant to magic, so sorceries aren't very effective and a sword is necessary to avoid complications. She gets tougher in the 2nd phase to other damages like fire, holy, etc.

On the other hand, the Ancestor Spirit (that I did just before Rennala) was a piece of cake in comparison to a melee build.

Thanks @Redglyph - I'm still not feeling much in a gaming mood, so I haven't played anything for 2+ weeks now. Work is just too hectic and it's probably just as well that I have no distractions. I actually managed to damage her with my sorcery in phase 2 - but only with the big hitting spells, and they take so long to cast, and you're locked in the animation so she can just blast you (and seems to take a lot for me to stagger her - unlike my character who seems to get interrupted if a feather touches them). I had some ideas, but I have 0 enthusiasm to redo the ultra tedious phase 1 again.

I gave a glance over the article and didn't see any actual source. Then I looked at the calendar. I hate April 1st. o_O
It's one of the better ones I've seen today. The first few paragraphs read like it's legit. I didn't realize what it was until I got down to the descriptions of the new difficulties. 🙂

Not sure if this was posted before. The Collector Edition of the DLC with a figurine of Messmer the Impaler and other goodies. Expensive, though: 250 €.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SEObICg3b0

(The link in the video description will probably redirect you to your local website)
  • Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree (base game not included)
  • Figurine of Mesmer the Impaler (46cm)
  • Exclusive Hardcover artbook (English)
  • Digital Soundtrack

Last edited:
I only buy collectors editions with the intention of never opening them and hoping they’re worth a good chunk of change in 50 years. Ok. Maybe a bit before that since I’d be 102 then. 😆

I only buy collectors editions with the intention of never opening them and hoping they’re worth a good chunk of change in 50 years. Ok. Maybe a bit before that since I’d be 102 then. 😆
With the current inflation rate, perhaps it's better than savings or investment funds. ;)

lEnbnSV.jpeg

i don't think I ever saw the Elden Ring map in whole and completely cleared. Holy fuck. And it's gonna be even bigger with the expansion.
Just a little over a month now.

Nice one. I'm really gonna want to immerse myself into the lore of the game, and try and understand as much of it as possible.
The only issue is I always start like that and then the difficult fights take center stage and I forget all about that, just want to get through the fights.
But knowing the narrative and historical context of most locations, people and characters you fight can really enhance the experience.

Nice one. I'm really gonna want to immerse myself into the lore of the game, and try and understand as much of it as possible.
The only issue is I always start like that and then the difficult fights take center stage and I forget all about that, just want to get through the fights.
But knowing the narrative and historical context of most locations, people and characters you fight can really enhance the experience.
I watched a few videos, outside of the hours I was playing. That way, I'm not distracted either way, and it's sort of relaxing. :)

It's a bottomless pit, though. There are tens of hours of videos on it, like this trilogy: 1 2 3 or from this youtuber.

I watched a few videos, outside of the hours I was playing. That way, I'm not distracted either way, and it's sort of relaxing. :)

It's a bottomless pit, though. There are tens of hours of videos on it, like this trilogy: 1 2 3 or from this youtuber.
Jesus, I thought the 5-6h lore videos from VaatiVidya were long. :D

Are you going to pick up from where you left off or start a new game?

Back
Top Bottom