Fallout 4 - Arrives November 10th this year!

Not seeing the issue with the UI. Even if I did, it's one of the first things that people will change with a mod.

The normal UI seems ok, but I don't like the separate UI for the power armor, if indeed that's what that is. It makes it look like we're piloting a mech or something.

The normal UI seems ok, but I don't like the separate UI for the power armor, if indeed that's what that is. It makes it look like we're piloting a mech or something.

I think that's the point :)

I'm not into the whole power armor thing, though. I usually play stealthy sniper types. I hope it's optional - as I find that kind of gameplay boring. I might as well be playing Serious Sam or something, and that's not me.

Then it's lost on me. :)

I never had the impression that power armor was so large that it would be like piloting a mech.

Probably not as big as a mech, but it seems they're going for the same feel of controlling powerful hardware.

It would be typical Bethesda, as they tend to go over the top a bit.

Personally, I've always hated that kind of sequence - even in straight-up shooters. They always seem to completely ruin the flow of the game - just to have a pointless action spectacle to please the kids.

It would be typical Bethesda, as they tend to go over the top a bit.

Personally, I've always hated that kind of sequence - even in straight-up shooters. They always seem to completely ruin the flow of the game - just to have a pointless action spectacle to please the kids.

Yeah, it seems kind of redundant to me, especially since it was never present in any of the other Fallout games. I feel like they're only adding it for what they perceive as some kind of "wow" factor.

Yeah, it seems kind of redundant to me, especially since it was never present in any of the other Fallout games. I feel like they're only adding it for what they perceive as some kind of "wow" factor.

Yeah, they're sort of crowd-pleasers in that way.

They did the same sort of thing with Skyrim and the dragons.

I get that it works for the larger audience, but I prefer a more subtle approach - and I like my skill and character build to be the deciding factor, not the awesome armor I'm wearing - that everyone gets to wear, as it's part of the story most likely.

Bethesda always sucked at creating challenge and fine-tuned mechanics. I don't expect FO4 to be any different.

I think that Power Armor part is going to be the best part of F4 and it is only exciting part for me. Since the game will remove all RPG elements anyways at least it can put in cool FPS elements. I don't care about the Dog or SimCity/Minecraft stuff.

I never had the impression that power armor was so large that it would be like piloting a mech.

Did you watch the video? The MC put a powercore and climb inside of the Power Armor like it was a mech.

I think that Power Armor part is going to be the best part of F4 and it is only exciting part for me. Since the game will remove all RPG elements anyways at least it can put in cool FPS elements. I don't care about the Dog or SimCity/Minecraft stuff.

I missed the bullet point where they said they were removing rpg mechanics.

Rune, why bother?

If your point is to say that I didn't mention other games they have released since their flag ship game or games you are RIGHT.

Though, Dishonoured was not well received, Wolfenstein was an 8 hour game that need way to much computer to be worth playing.

Just read what I wrote I wasn't being anyway.

Just what I wrote made what you wrote not make much sense is all.

I missed the bullet point where they said they were removing rpg mechanics.
Until proven otherwise it seems they did. Or they made them so minimal it does not matter anyways.

So they're just going to retcon the lore to make power armor mech-like? Ok…

I wouldn't really call being able to carry around power armor like an extra pair of jeans in your backpack part of the *lore* but it is certainly a change from what we're used to.

I wouldn't really call being able to carry around power armor like an extra pair of jeans in your backpack part of the *lore* but it is certainly a change from what we're used to.
Also F4 story is further in the future. Maybe Power Armor was modified further to be more like a small mech.

After watching Bethesda's confs, they keep dropping the D-bomb.

The base building, coupled with the later peopling with NPCs might be a clever way to achieve that dynamic world they wanted to deliver in SKyrim without succeeding.

Maybe that setting will enable them to get a dynamic evolution of the community, with raiders capturing people, triggering missions to recapture them etc

I will play until I can get my Power Armor working and then play with that until I get bored. Probably about 12h or so like I played FNV and Skyrim. Then the game is uninstalled and some real RPG played instead :)

I think that's the point :)

I'm not into the whole power armor thing, though. I usually play stealthy sniper types. I hope it's optional - as I find that kind of gameplay boring. I might as well be playing Serious Sam or something, and that's not me.

I agree, except for the power armor in crysis. That was great and game changing IMO. Until they messed it up in the second game.

I agree, except for the power armor in crysis. That was great and game changing IMO. Until they messed it up in the second game.

Well, that was part of the game from the beginning - and didn't change the flow of the game whenever an action spectacle was called for.

My problem is when they introduce some kind of over-the-top sequence, with the norm being you mounting some kind of artillery station and blasting hundreds of enemies away without effort.

That's the kind of thing I hate - and it's part of almost all modern shooters or games with a lot of shooting in them.

Crysis was a fantastic shooter, I agree :)

Well, that was part of the game from the beginning - and didn't change the flow of the game whenever an action spectacle was called for.

My problem is when they introduce some kind of over-the-top sequence, with the norm being you mounting some kind of artillery station and blasting hundreds of enemies away without effort.

That's the kind of thing I hate - and it's part of almost all modern shooters or games with a lot of shooting in them.

Crysis was a fantastic shooter, I agree :)

Again, I agree with everything you just typed.:)

Stumbling across a machine gun turret or ballista in a game is a sure warning that 3-5 minutes of boring gameplay is coming.

Back
Top Bottom