Fallout: New Vegas - Notable Mods @ Neoseeker

Any reason I want the d3d9 fix if I have Win7, dx11 cards and no performance issues?

I do miss FOMM (Fallout Mod Manager).

Nah. Though you may only notice issues when lots of NPCs are around..in which case you will want it.

Temporary version of FOMM here: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35726

I'm torn between DARNified and MTUI.The interface mod looks nice but the new FO3 style makes sense since this is a new-gen pipboy.

There's no contest..I've used both..Darnified is 100x better.

Last edited:
The guy that made nvmm took the 0.10.2 branch rather than 0.12.7 which is much better. Also he did not add "SteamAppID=22380" to the environment to bypass the start up splash screen. Tried to comment on it but it would not let me. If you want my build it is here: FOMM 0.12.7 NV.

I take back previous comments about Interface+Darnified. I had forgotten to change the INI file. You can combine these two, although I think Interface should be installed first, then Darnified.

The guy that made nvmm took the 0.10.2 branch rather than 0.12.7 which is much better. Also he did not add "SteamAppID=22380" to the environment to bypass the start up splash screen. Tried to comment on it but it would not let me. If you want my build it is here: FOMM 0.12.7 NV.

Bugreport if I may. It asks me if I want to copy my FO3 DLC's to the data folder. Besides that, thanks :)

I take back previous comments about Interface+Darnified. I had forgotten to change the INI file. You can combine these two, although I think Interface should be installed first, then Darnified.

Great to hear! I'll be trying this later. :)

Gameplay
Sprint Mod
Adds sprint to the game.
* Use action points to sprint (move faster).
* Complete with sound effects and blurred edges of the screen.

Lack of FOSE for FONV forces you to toggle sprint with a hotkey.
I suggest using 8 or something for this. Change FalloutPrefs.ini (Documents\My Games\FalloutNV);
Run=0009FFFF
Hotkey8=002AFFFF

Shift is now hotkey 8 and 8 is regular run (walk). (Feel free to replace walk in-game afterwards). In the game, open Pip-Boy>Items>Apparel, press shift and click on Sprint Hotkey/Pedometer.

Personally, i found it too slow and consumed AP too fast.
To change this, enable console and type;
set SprintSpeedMult to 1.5
set SprintAPMult to 0.75

Companions Mods
I love companions, but I acknowledge that using these are essentially cheating.

Unlimited Companions
Removes companion limit.

Companion Dress Up
Allow you to redress/reequip companion armor/clothes.

Companion Sandbox Mode
When companions are set free they will stroll around in the neighbourhood and interact with objects.

ICC - Immortal Companion Code
Makes companions essential even in hardcore.

Last edited:
Companions are already essentials outside of Hardcore Mode.

I'm still playing mostly vanilla. Going to pass this game without too many mods. Can't wait to try Arwen's mod though.

I have to play on very hard + hardcore to give the computer more of a level playing field ;) Even then it's really easy in some places.

Even worse, it seem to change the datalist of Fallout 3 instead of FONV.

Thanks Jeremy. If yourself or anyone else would like to submit mods for consideration for the wiki, please email tipsATneoseekerDOTcom. :) No cheats though.

What's the point of playing on hardcore if your companions are immortal?

Items represent more than dead weight.

Even worse, it seem to change the datalist of Fallout 3 instead of FONV.
Are you sure? I do see where I missed the DLC check as I do not have any so it did not trigger for me.

I've not seen any problems with my own usage but my apologies about that. I wont be updating it as I'm sure the official build will be better as they will actually do qc on it.

I tried the Interface mod with Darnified UI after..no good. Interface mod overrides the stuff it shared with Darnified, so I removed it from the list.

Back
Top Bottom