Favorite season?

D

DArtagnan

Relatively banal question, I know.

Still - could be interesting to hear the why of it.

Personally, I find spring to be the ideal season - primarily because everything feels like it's beginning, where autumn feels like everything is ending. Beyond that, I like the mild temperature quite a bit.

I'm excessively time-conscious, which I'm not particularly pleased about - but there it is. This makes summer an especially fleeting season and since I'm none too fond of the heat, it can be my least favorite season when it's at its peak or due to other circumstances - like my housing situation.

Also, I find myself more affected by the cold and the dark as time goes by, and I can't exclude myself from those who're slightly depressed during the current season. Still, it could be my situation these days - and I don't think I'm generally too concerned with how dark or bright it is outside.

How about you?

Wow! Interesting question.

Definitely autumn when days shorten and with lots of rain. For the same reasons I preferred the more desolate regions in that MMO I played for a couple of years.

pibbur who won't mention which MMO he played for a couple of years, BUT NO LONGER PLAYS!!!

Now, back to work, reading RBAC specs for HL7

I love the early fall. I like cool weather anytime but I love to watch the leaves change. I can stare at the colors for hours........well maybe not hours.......but it relaxes me more then just sitting outside when it is cool. Not sure why that is, may remind me of home, or some memory I can't really pull out but that feeling is there.

I do love summer when it is hot and you can spend days swimming in the rivers lakes and sea, on the other hand spring is really nice with so many beautiful flowers, autumn is also really nice with all the colors and leaves and mushrooms to pick…. winter with the snow and skiing is completely lovely too.

I guess all are my favorites as long as they deliver what they should for example a summer without sun and heat or a winter without snow and cold… those are huge disappointments.

It's probably late summer for me ... when the grass is dry and the air is so hot that there are mirages. A noseful of hot, dry grass will make me happy. But as a garden person, I love spring as well. And fall with its pretty leaves and golden light ... and the heavy rain and thunderstorms. I'm just not too fond of winter because most of the time it's a muddy, wet affair around these parts. Snow can looks nice when on the other side of a window, but generally speaking winter's not quite my thing.

There was a late summer fair/circus level in 'Mr. Nutz'. I loved that level. I even smelled the grass the moment the level had loaded.

Spring is easily my favorite.

On the other end I cannot stand winter but I'm cold at anything below 70 degrees F.

In my case it's autumn. Although the nature is turning off outside, I somehow start to shine.
Then again, I was born in autumn so I probably feel "fully charged" only then. And I'm definetly trolling more all over internet during autumn. :D

Cloudy/rainy weather makes me feel extremely depressed and gloomy. So much that sometimes when it's raining, I'm like " God, make it STOP! " inside. So obviously I like Summer more than the others. But I like snow, so if a cloudy weather leads to snow, I welcome it with open arms. But it rarely happens in the area I live in.

Spring is easily my favorite.

On the other end I cannot stand winter but I'm cold at anything below 70 degrees F.

We get folks from our Houston site up here often and it's funny to see them in winter coats when it's 45 degrees farenheit outside :D

I'm a summer guy, but mostly because this is the season that women wear the least amount of clothing ;)

I also love thunderstorms and would like to see a tornado someday, preferably in an abandoned field somewhere.

Personally, I find spring to be the ideal season - primarily because everything feels like it's beginning,
Same here, I love the smell of new beginnings in the morning :).

Second would be summer since I enjoy the heat and I love summer nights.
Then winter - without snow it kinda sucks, but the moments when everything´s covered in
white usually make up for it.
I like the colours of autumn, but the other seasonal characteristics tend to make me quite depressive during October and especially November (fuck that month :)).

For me it is all about the temperature. In LA the temperature, humidity, and clean air is best in January-March (i.e. mid-late winter).

In Seattle, the fall was my favorite time. I too like the trees changing colors, and onset of cooler weather. It invigorates me. Heat and warmth do the opposite.

Last edited:
Cold weather makes me lazy as shit, and when there's ice and snow, I don't even want to leave my house. Give me sun and palm trees year round, thank you.

When I lived in Michigan, my favorite seasons were Summer and Fall. Summer was great simply because Winter was so long up there, and Fall was nice for the color changes.

They don't really have much seasonal change here in Florida, but I like the weather here enough that the lack of seasons doesn't bother me.

What are seasons? :) Our winter is about what some of you in the frozen north likely get for summer: Temp range of 10-25 C normally, though it can drop a little lower at night occasionally. We don't get autumn colours here which is something I do miss, but the fact that it's green all year round is definitely a plus for me. Having grown up in Canada, I DON'T miss the snow and freezing cold at all!!

Definitively Spring for me ! I just love the look of how everything griows ! :)

And early summer : I just love the smell of a warm landrain having gone over a wood … The sunlight going through leaves ... :)

Winter. Taking a walk outside on a sunny winter day, that's amazing, love breathing the fresh winter air. I love summer when it rains though, it's as as cosy as it gets. Rain in the winter though, ugh.. Winter usually gets boring towards february, but i'd still say it's my favorite time of the year. I'm usually in a very good mood during the whole winter, summer i feel is more depressing.

Back
Top Bottom