For writers and others alike!

horned, you are right. I would be able to do it if I really set my mind on it but I just don't have the time. School takes out a lot of my time, and well the girlfriends takes out the rest of my time :)

I'll see what I can do. I'm off very soon on a weeks holiday, but when I get back, I'll try to send it in sections to Jaz.

Here's a short story I wrote for Gothic. Published a short novel for children too. I ghost wrote it for a contract for $3k.

http://gothic.rpgdot.com/index.php?...geID=141&sid=3ee8ef661e8cfd15585bf77220940cd9

The kids book was the Vanishing Stream. My mom, Emily Crofford, wrote two of the other books in the series. Guardian of the Hopewell Treasure, and A Case of
Poison. They used an amalgamation of the names of the people that wrote the series, there were 8 books all told, to make the ficticious name of the author.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/s...ype=ss&index=books&field-author=Dana Brenford

Last edited:
That's very, very cool :).

Here's a short story I wrote for Gothic. Published a short novel for children too. I ghost wrote it for a contract for $3k.

Greetings Mr Fred Fireball Jackson! That IS your name IIRC.

I just read your Gothic short story.

Impressive young padawan!

What I liked about it is that even though you didn't give much description about the environment, we could see what was going on. Probably because we're all adepts of the game. When I say we, I suppose that I speak for every one here since we were all born with Gothic on our computers and that is the 1rst game we all ever played!!! :lol:

Once I wanted to post a story at the place that cannot be named but procrastinated to a point that I figured that it would be pointless.

On the other hand, here, I would like, eventually, to start a writing thread but I think that there already is one and the individual that started it is called Mr Badger. I liked his "Another day in Cydorill" post. Unfortunately, he never pursued it. I guess he is a busy man.

Anywho, maybe we, you and I, and maybe others, can rekindle this thread, or maybe start a Writer' corner here, and add our creativeness to it as the months go by.

I know I'll add my Nanowrimo story when it's done. You can be sure about it.

Well, I've said enough for today.

I'll speak to you some other time. Good night!

P.S.: you say that you were contracted for a short story.
Can you give me any tips as to how to proceed? Thanks!

We used to have a writer's usergroup forum back at the Dot and we produced some fun stuff. If there's enough interest we could have at least a writer's thread or two. The problem at the Dot was people promised to write/contribute, but in the end only 4-5 of us produced anything.

We used to have a writer's usergroup forum back at the Dot and we produced some fun stuff. If there's enough interest we could have at least a writer's thread or two. The problem at the Dot was people promised to write/contribute, but in the end only 4-5 of us produced anything.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear M. Corwin.
In a way, that's what I intended to ask for when I created this thread... hehehh.
The site that cannot be named was what I was refering too.

I am in a psychological state, not mental (lack of confidence and all that crap), that will enable me to write for the 1rst time in a decade. Like I've written in various posts, I am, in my soul, a story teller.
I have in time, become pretty good at it and would, even though I do not take critiques well and that I am shy, gladfully post my creations here.

I love this place, I love, you know what I mean, the people here. I have been a troll, for what I come to understand of the term, but I would be delighted to give you all a piece of my imagination. From what I've written so far, you can all tell that I like to talk a lot. And no Bart, I am not a woman! ;)

So M. Corwin, what say ye to this proposition??? :sweatdrop:

And since I have your attention, would you please be so kind and hand over Jazz your work of art so that I, Titus, and many others here, could gleefully read it?

Thanks for your consideration!

The Horned One! :devil:

Haven't been back home long, but I will arrange to send it, over time, to Jaz.

Haven't been back home long, but I will arrange to send it, over time, to Jaz.

Thank you sir. I will leave you be then.
I just wanted to remind you in case that you'd forgotten.
I eagerly await the moment.

Until that time, I have much to do.
Like, I don't know, prepare my Nanowrimo novel.
I hope I'm not exasperating you guys with this.
I've been bragging about it on and on and on for I forget how long now.
Well, it's in my best interest to create something worthwhile...

My novel will be called, ehum :

The Silverbeards and the damned journey of the Soaring Siren.

See you later. Gotta go to bed. It's 04:30 hrs. Have to get up at 08:00!!! :sleep:

Well a writing topic seems interesting and I will try to participate but I am not sure I will be up to it. I jumped on the Rp thread here, but it died out sadly enough because I was heaving great fun with it. maybe something like that,combined with story telling? Does anyone feels up to the cjhallenge of starting it?

Well a writing topic seems interesting and I will try to participate but I am not sure I will be up to it. I jumped on the Rp thread here, but it died out sadly enough because I was heaving great fun with it. maybe something like that,combined with story telling? Does anyone feels up to the cjhallenge of starting it?

Hello!

Eh what? The thread died because you were having fun with it? :)
I know what you mean. You are sad because it died...
I know that thread. I think Khass was the GameMaster (DungeonMaster) IIRC.

Well anyhow, an interactive story isn't what I had in mind.
Writing one on my own is difficult enough.
Having to wait for someone else to add to it could take a while.
Specially if that someone loses interest as time goes on.

I think, and have been doing so for a while, that having a writer's corner here would be nice. There's even one at World of Gothic and some of the stuff there is nice.

I still haven't had an approval by the Head master Dumbledore, hum, I mean Corwin (They look alike anyway). I'll let him settle in from his trip then I'll ask him again if I get no response.

I'll work my ass off to write a short story before my month of torture, neh, what am I saying, my most challenging and exhilarating month ever, then I'll post it here on All Hallow's Eve. I have many ideas and it's gonna be filled with blood and gore. It's not going to be more than 5 pages... I'll post it in this thread.

Until next time, I bid thee farewell.

'Cause Enodenroh said so! :devil:

I'm not the Headmaster here, Jaz is!!

We won't open a writer's forum or subforum unless there is massive topical traffic, as these forums are small and subdividing them will just help to drain them. Once there's a significant amount of traffic, threads can still be herded into a new subforum. Those were the premises for the RP thread as well, but, alas, it withered and died instead of blooming and multiplying.

But this shouldn't prevent you from posting topics about writing, or stories, or novels ;). If you want to write, Horned One, go ahead. Don't be shy.
If your story contains lots of gory and violence and sex and so on, you might want to add a PG or USK rating just so nobody stumbles accidentally in just to complain about said things :).

endodenroH. Yes, that's correct Fred Fireball Jackson. The contract writing I rather backed into. As my mom was a multiple published author at the time, she recommended me to the editor, Marion Dane Bauer. Then I had to submit a sample of my work to show that I could actually write. Finally they sent me the set up, the characters and story idea, and it went from there. Actually it was rather a cathartic experience, writing a book, and I never had the compunction to do it again, though I have written a few stories since.

Yes, my writing has been described as terse. Since I was writing for a specific audience it was not necessary to write detailed descriptions of the enviornment.
'I arrived at the Orc Cemetary.' Already the vision of the place arises in your mind. So your reasoning there is accurate. In some way I consider myself more of an editor, as I can take something someone else has written and spiff it up pretty well. If you are going to really be a writer and don't respond well to criticism this is not a good sign. Rewrites, rewrites, rewrites: it comes with the territory. What is it called.. the Writer Handbook? Crap can't remember, but it is a book that has 10,000 or so places to submit work. Get published first, even a short story...submit, submit, submit. I remember reading some of my mom's rejection letters. For over 10 years she tried to get her book published.
Finally a children's editor thought she could redress one of her book chapters to make a children's book. Thus 'A Matter of Pride' was born. She went on to write around a dozen books for children, actually young adults, most fiction, based on historical fact.

But this shouldn't prevent you from posting topics about writing, or stories, or novels ;). If you want to write, Horned One, go ahead. Don't be shy.
If your story contains lots of gory and violence and sex and so on, you might want to add a PG or USK rating just so nobody stumbles accidentally in just to complain about said things :).

Well said.
Then, I shall post as much as I please and obviously as much as I'm capable of.

About the Halloween story I'm currently working on, well, I won't be able to post it on this Eve because it won't be finished. I don't think so anyway.
I haven't even started writing the fun part yet and am already up to 3 pages!!!
I think that it's going to be something like 10 to 20 pages.

How will I be able to put this here?
Copy from my word software and paste it here on a reply?
Can this site take a 20 page reply???
How will the users here read it all without loosing interest?
Should I post 2-3 pages a day then?
Yes, that's what I think I'll do. I know for a fact that I can't read a reply when it's bigger than my screen. I have attention deficit disorder, I think, so that's asking me a lot when I see such an intimidating reply.

So I guess that settles it then.
I'll post a few pages a day not to bore people senseless!

You'll all have a taste of my insanity tomorrow then! Mouahhaaaahahah.

Later Jaz!

Enodenroh - :devil:

@ ffbj :

To make a living with words is obviously not an easy task to accomplish.

You have to be good but what does good mean?
Keep the readers interested?, sure, but I think it's more a question of luck than anything else. You need talent and a good network of people that can help you in finding a publisher or someone who knows one, etc. that will like what you're writing about and the way you write it...

To be able to face critiques is something that I have to work on but I think that I'm less irritable then I used to be.

Do you still have a yearning, a call, to write something and getting it published?
You might have answered this but I already forget.
I'll read your other replies again 'cause I think that you have.

Anyway, to write is to share a piece of your soul to the world and that is something that I want to make a living on shortly.

I will work on a novel next month then, when December arrives, it'll be the beginning of my first novelling project. Probably the completion of the novel that I've started during the Nanowrimo.

Until next time Monsieur, I bid thee farewell!

FFBJ :

Just reread your posts...

Why have you lost the passion?
What happened?
Did you ever have it in the first place?

Well, whatever your answers are, you know best what's good for you and what you want to do with your life, concerning writing, obviously.
I won't start giving advice to make you change your mind.

I think that you're older than I am.
Thus, if there's someone that can learn something from the other, that would be me.

Have fun reading the first part of my Halloween extravaganza tomorrow!!!

I enjoy writing. For Second God War, and Mission to Askalon, I probably wrote around a hundred conversations, numerous item descriptions, and some historical background. It's just that I don't feel any pressing need to write, no book inside me trying to get out is all.

Back
Top Bottom