Gadhafi - Adios Mofo

A united Europe under Germany wouldn't be so bad. But the Americans really didn't do shit during the second world war. It was the Soviet Union that defeated the Germans, without them winning the world would have looked entirely different today.

While the Soviet portion of the war is VASTLY understated in Western media and history books, you couldn't be farther from the truth. One of the main reasons that the Soviets we able to be as successful on the Eastern Front as they were was due to battles be waged on the Western Front. And as much as I respect the Brits for the way they fought and held out against Germany, without American support, they would have at the least not been able to wage an offensive war and possibly could have eventually fallen.

You're not very civilized, are you? But I guess that is to be expected of a thirdworldian.

Racist much?

13995306_dd0708638b_o.gif

As far as I know, the Soviet Union defeated Germany during WW2. The US defeated germans in France.

Don't forget Italy, Belgium and a good part of Western Germany too!

I think the reality is simply that either western or eastern allies COULD have won the war by themselves, but the costs would have been even higher than they already were. The soviets suffered as high losses as they did more because their main tactic was 'lets just try to over run them with as many bodies as possible, even if we can't arm them all' more so than because they fought a larger land war. (they also had a significantly higher losses due to military defeats in the first years of the war).

I think the reality is simply that either western or eastern allies COULD have won the war by themselves, but the costs would have been even higher than they already were. The soviets suffered as high losses as they did more because their main tactic was 'lets just try to over run them with as many bodies as possible, even if we can't arm them all' more so than because they fought a larger land war. (they also had a significantly higher losses due to military defeats in the first years of the war).

The Soviets lost more because the Germans attacked the Soviet Union and exterminated whole villages in their path. Their death toll is comparative with the Chinese who suffered a similar fate. In the Siege of Leningrad alone, more people died than the US and Britain combined.

I recommend the documentary The World at War (BBC) followed by Cold War (CNN). It explores aspects of the wars that schoolbooks do not.

Racist much?
I'm not the one wishing death upon anyone non-American that doesn't approve of the US.

With economical hardship comes also educational and moral decay, you should know that better than anyone, yankee. One can't expect such a troubled people to understand the importance of the Geneva Conventions.

The Soviets lost more because the Germans attacked the Soviet Union and exterminated whole villages in their path. Their death toll is comparative with the Chinese who suffered a similar fate. In the Siege of Leningrad alone, more people died than the US and Britain combined.

I recommend the documentary The World at War (BBC) followed by Cold War (CNN). It explores aspects of the wars that schoolbooks do not.

I've seen the World at War., but not the other one. Yeah, the Nazis did like their extermination binges.

I'm not the one wishing death upon anyone non-American that doesn't approve of the US.

Neither am I. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion. The ones that express their disapproval by killing our citizens? Yes, very much so.

With economical hardship comes also educational and moral decay, you should know that better than anyone, yankee. One can't expect such a troubled people to understand the importance of the Geneva Conventions.

Call me a yankee again and I may hunt you down and explain to you face to face that yankees are people from the North East of the US only. I am from Texas.

I fail to see what economical hardship has to do with approving of bombing airliners and such, especially when Gadhafi suffered no economic hardship in his entire 30+ years of rule.

I fail to see what economical hardship has to do with approving of bombing airliners and such, especially when Gadhafi suffered no economic hardship in his entire 30+ years of rule.
In the case of Libya it was French greed and powerhungry tribals at work. The US took part in the war only because of financial reasons. But this is not what I was refering to, I was talking about the citizens of nations in financial troubles, such as Greece and the US, not understanding humanitarian concepts. It is clear to me that you are both violent and nationalistic, because of that I feel sorry for you.
Maybe yankees should take a lesson or two from Jesus in humility and compassion.

In the case of Libya it was French greed and powerhungry tribals at work. The US took part in the war only because of financial reasons. But this is not what I was refering to, I was talking about the citizens of nations in financial troubles, such as Greece and the US, not understanding humanitarian concepts. It is clear to me that you are both violent and nationalistic, because of that I feel sorry for you.

The US provides more humanitarian aid to the world than any other country and most of the other countries combined. Would you like to try again?

Maybe yankees should take a lesson or two from Jesus in humility and compassion.

Maybe they should. Of course, a little humility on your part might help matters as well.

The US provides more humanitarian aid to the world than any other country and most of the other countries combined. Would you like to try again?

If we compare by GNP you're 19:th. According to Wikipedia anyway, but that wikipedia would get the number so wrong (you're not even a fifth of the leader) is kind of unbelievable.

(When you consider donations you're a quarter of Sweden, to that.)

Übereil

If we compare by GNP you're 19:th. According to Wikipedia anyway, but that wikipedia would get the number so wrong (you're not even a fifth of the leader) is kind of unbelievable.

(When you consider donations you're a quarter of Sweden, to that.)

Übereil

Lies, lies and damn statistics!

I was referring to the absolute number of course. Also those numbers don't include private donations. From my experience, and I could be wrong, but it seems that the culture of personal giving is higher in the US. That's at least the impression I have gotten when dealing with my UK and Scandinavian counterparts in my firm.

A united Europe under Germany wouldn't be so bad. But the Americans really didn't do shit during the second world war. It was the Soviet Union that defeated the Germans, without them winning the world would have looked entirely different today.

No, a united Europe without Germany would be better. If you want the real Europe, it's the one, where everyone would agree upon a common agreement, not only 2, like France and Germany, but every country. It's antidemocratic for a country to decide for the whole Europe. ALL the countries must decide upon an agreement to make things better. Now you see your "Europe under Germany's reign" effect. Old-hag nazi Merkel can't make a very serious and undangered solution for everyone. So go vote Merkel, if you like for all I care...

You're not very civilized, are you? But I guess that is to be expected of a thirdworldian. Greece really shouldn't have been allowed to join the European Union, clearly they weren't ready to take the responsibility that comes with a EU membership.

To be blunt, what you're talking is like a thirdworldian. Only a thirdworldian wouldn't respect anyone's problems. If you're from a thirdworldian country, then you're not enough civilized. You see why don't we allow Turkey to get in EU? That's because they're totaly uncivilized way past the ethnical racist's point.

You mean first you have a go with germany and then turn on to turkey? I hope this is not the popular opinnion of greeks.
Actually that sums up the current public opinion pefrectly.

13995306_dd0708638b_o.gif

As far as I know, the Soviet Union defeated Germany during WW2. The US defeated germans in France.

The US saved Europe from Stalin, not from Hitler… We should be grateful for that:)

While the Soviet portion of the war is VASTLY understated in Western media and history books, you couldn't be farther from the truth. One of the main reasons that the Soviets we able to be as successful on the Eastern Front as they were was due to battles be waged on the Western Front. And as much as I respect the Brits for the way they fought and held out against Germany, without American support, they would have at the least not been able to wage an offensive war and possibly could have eventually fallen.

The Eastern front was settled more than a year before there even was a western front. While Overlord and allied bombings certainly helped speed up the end it wasnt crucial.

Lend lease (mostly of trucks where the Soviets used a lot of US-built trucks) was almost certainly more important to the Soviets than the allied land forces in Europe ever were.

And the Germans would have needed 5-10 years of undisturbed naval buildup to challenge the Royal Navy and invade Britain.

No, a united Europe without Germany would be better. If you want the real Europe, it's the one, where everyone would agree upon a common agreement, not only 2, like France and Germany, but every country. It's antidemocratic for a country to decide for the whole Europe. ALL the countries must decide upon an agreement to make things better. Now you see your "Europe under Germany's reign" effect. Old-hag nazi Merkel can't make a very serious and undangered solution for everyone. So go vote Merkel, if you like for all I care…
Do you even know how the EU works, Tanno? It's exactly the problem that all countries always have to agree to everything that makes the EU so slow, timid, and bureacratic. And with regards to D+F - well it's simply a question of economical clout that you can't do much without those two countries. they are the ones that have to give the money (without running their own country and everybody else into the ground). Not surprising in what is still, at its core, an economic, not a political union.
Anyway, if you think Merkel is a Nazi, then you really shouldn't take her money. That would please everyone.
God, is that really how greek people think these days?

Do you even know how the EU works, Tanno? It's exactly the problem that all countries always have to agree to everything that makes the EU so slow, timid, and bureacratic. And with regards to D+F - well it's simply a question of economical clout that you can't do much without those two countries. they are the ones that have to give the money (without running their own country and everybody else into the ground). Not surprising in what is still, at its core, an economic, not a political union.
Anyway, if you think Merkel is a Nazi, then you really shouldn't take her money. That would please everyone.
God, is that really how greek people think these days?

I already know how EU works. Don't blame the other countries for being timid. That's because that old hag stalled TOO MUCH the G20 commisions. If they wanted to take their opinions, they ought to do it within the commisions, not by country to country. And of course they ought to sit together and discuss a better solution for the economical crisis they created with our corrupted politicians.
And of course I don't want to take old hag's money, because she only thinks the neo-liberalistic way, which DESTROYS all.
And yes, that's how we Greeks think these days, and if you don't like it, do me the favor and get out of this forum along with that worm(Jack) above. We don't want the neo-liberalism and we MEAN it. You guys are trying to destroy us, so be it. We'll take you with us in Tartarus.

Lies, lies and damn statistics!

Statistics doesn't lie. Some pepole scew what they show to promote certain faulty conclusions though.

I was referring to the absolute number of course.

You're the biggest ritch country in the world. If you didn't donate the most in absolute numbers it would be embarrasing.

Also those numbers don't include private donations. From my experience, and I could be wrong, but it seems that the culture of personal giving is higher in the US. That's at least the impression I have gotten when dealing with my UK and Scandinavian counterparts in my firm.

That's the common belief, and trying to fact check it is quite difficult since it's hard to find overreaching data on the matter. Gapminder does appear to have some data, but it's difficult to use. First you have to look at how much government aid the countries involved have given as a % of total aid (no real differences between the nations involved, though the US IS probably slightly lower than the others). When you then change to look at aid per person you'll see that there's quite a big difference, and that the US is in the bottom of the pile. Which indicates that the common belief has no basis in reality.

(Assuming gapminder has accurate data, anyway.)

Übereil

And of course I don't want to take old hag's money, because she only thinks the neo-liberalistic way, which DESTROYS all.
And yes, that's how we Greeks think these days, and if you don't like it, do me the favor and get out of this forum along with that worm(Jack) above. We don't want the neo-liberalism and we MEAN it. You guys are trying to destroy us, so be it. We'll take you with us in Tartarus.
Neo-liberalism would have been universally accepted by "us" Greeks if the culture that allowed generations to thrive due to corruption wasn't noticed by that "Nazi hag" and the rest of the European p*ssies. Damn them all.

Fact is that Greece benefited immensly from joining the union, and now you guys are bringing the euro down because of your corrupt bankers and politicians. As I said, greece clearly wasn't ready to join the European Union. Thanks to you the economy of europe has worsened noticably.

You can blame anyone you want for that, but the cold hard truth is that Greece just couldn't keep their shit together.

Now you found out about it? First you guys put us citizens in the same cauldron with those banking shitholes and the corrupted politicians, and now you figure it out at last that it's not our fault.

These 2 years the truth has been spreading everywhere and we learned about how did it happen. Of course, we citizens were willful to give some solutions to not only our problems, but also to the economical problems, but those shitholes weren't willingly wanted to hear us out, and worse, to democratically discuss it with us so that we can at last conclude to a final solution. Now you see what's going on here with a lot of riots, and we have the right to be very angry and demand the current government to be banished from the political world and NEVER be elected ever again. Just like what happened to Mumbarak and Gadhafi.

The day the current government to fall is near. Expect it, guys.

Back
Top Bottom