Gates blasts Nato

redman5427

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor
ffffffdsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Last edited:
Gates SHOULD blast NATO. It is in both US and European interests that EU is fully capable of defending themselves, and they can't even seem to pull off a relatively simple and cheap operation like Libya.

Why is the owner of Micro$oft interested in Nato?

That's Robert Gates, US Secretary of Defense.

Oh, never heard of him. The only Gates I know of, is Bill!! :)

He would be the civilian who controls the US military organization.

Why is the owner of Micro$oft interested in Nato?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Bill Gates should probably slam NATO as well, seeing as everyone in the military is probably the type that gave him purple nurples in middle school.

Everything that Robert Gates said was spot-on, however. Once we turned Afghanistan over to NATO, it became a huge clusterfuck, and we're 2 months into getting Qaddafi out of office, and it looks like NATO couldn't get my sister's deadbeat ex-husband off the couch.

Once we turned Afghanistan over to NATO, it became a huge clusterfuck, and we're 2 months into getting Qaddafi out of office, and it looks like NATO couldn't get my sister's deadbeat ex-husband off the couch.
And this surprises you how? Useless and powerless organization proves to be useless and powerless yet again--film at 6! I suppose we could have done MUCH worse, though--could have called in the UN.

And this surprises you how? Useless and powerless organization proves to be useless and powerless yet again—film at 6! I suppose we could have done MUCH worse, though—could have called in the UN.

Please...surprised is hardly the word. Every successful military intervention in the last 30 years carried out by NATO or the UN should correctly be described as "The US military, with a European ride-along."

Please…surprised is hardly the word. Every successful military intervention in the last 30 years carried out by NATO or the UN should correctly be described as "The US military, with a European ride-along."
I'd probably give the Euros some credit for Bosnia. It was in their own back yard, so they had a much more difficult time sitting on the sideline and complaining non-stop per standard procedure. Beyond that, I'm right there with ya!

Well, if the Ami is so keen on doing all the dirty work, just let him.

Well, if the Ami is so keen on doing all the dirty work, just let him.

I think that the big question here is just how important NATO is to the US. It had it's purposes during the Cold War, but now?

I think Europeans look at it a bit differently now as well. It used to be a shield against Warsaw Pact/USSR, of course, but that threat is now gone. NATO seems more like a political affiliation rather than a military organization.

Once we turned Afghanistan over to NATO, it became a huge clusterfuck

Yep. Left to the supreme nation of the world it could all be a post-apocalyptic wasteland by now with no civilians or rebuilding or any of that useless crap to worry about. Whatever happened to the concept of properly raping a country? It's not fair that NATO is not playing along. Those fucking pussies. Always ruining the game is what they are. In fact: Without NATO or the UN the whole Arab world could be gone by now. How awesome would that be? Total eradication FTW! The 'Final Solution' finally carried out! Pure awesomeness indeed! If only it weren't for the pussies of the world with their stupid ideas of civilization... *sigh*

Yep. Left to the supreme nation of the world it could all be a post-apocalyptic wasteland by now with no civilians or rebuilding or any of that useless crap to worry about. Whatever happened to the concept of properly raping a country? It's not fair that NATO is not playing along. Those fucking pussies. Always ruining the game is what they are. In fact: Without NATO or the UN the whole Arab world could be gone by now. How awesome would that be? Total eradication FTW! The 'Final Solution' finally carried out! Pure awesomeness indeed! If only it weren't for the pussies of the world with their stupid ideas of civilization… *sigh*

Yes...that is precisely what I was talking about. Glad to see that you totally understand what it's all about and have such an objective viewpoint on it.

Dammit, Cap'n, he's enlightened so bow down and show proper respect cuz he must have a much deeper understanding of the world than you.

Yes, yes. Listen to dte you must. Wise his words are.

You're right...I don't know how I could have been so wrong. How could my 30+ years of life and multiple trips to the Middle East possibly compare with the edumacation that one gleans from teh interwebz.

Silly imperialist pigdog! He's European and they're civilized! Pay no attention to Roman efforts at global domination. Pay no attention to colonialism. Pay no attention to Napoleon. Pay no attention to Uncle Adolf. Pay no attention to Bosnia. Civilized and don't you forget it, you slack-jawed barbarian!

Visiting the Middle East is how you get to the truth of Nato's worth?

Sounds like the kind of logic they used when they really showed the world what wars should be about - and how to win them - back in 'Nam ;)

*kisses*

When I speak of visiting the Middle East, I'm specifically talking about being deployed in a combat role for the military. One of the main reasons that Bush Jr. made the idiotic decision to go ahead and invade Iraq was because he believed that NATO would be able to continue the security and stabilization operation that, until late 2002, had been going fairly well. Once NATO took over, however, there was no coherent centralized command and control, far too many different cultures trying to work with the Afghan people, and - as far as the Afghans are concerned - European military units have worse equipment and training, and no respect whatsoever for the fighting ability of the Taliban specifically, or the Afghan people in general. NATO lost a lot of ground, pissed off a lot of tribal leaders, and made an already messy and precarious situation worse. THAT'S how I got my opinion of what NATO is worth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom