Grimoire - is there really hope?

I like the gamma idea Dte since I already have pre-beta and beta copies of the game!! :) Cleve give me a call, or if you've lost my number PM me here with yours and I'll call you.

It'll be fun to have an old-style game to play again. It doesn't really matter when it comes out. The gameplay should take us back to yesteryear.

"Gamma testing" That's excellent!

When I get around to putting an actual web site up at grimoiresystems.com I'm going to call it that. I guess "beta testing" is a bit 90's given the extended development cycle of this game. :roll: Thanks for that, it's a clever suggestion.

Corwin, I think the time may be coming up soon to contact you for an update and let you know how it's going. Another week or so of work and I will be entering the home stretch during the next few months.

Deep underground in a massive fortified complex be
Wouldn't it be Theta testing at this point? Or have you not gotten that far in the Greek alphabet?

If it comes out, I'll buy it. I love the style of RPG, and would probably like Grimoire. However, after hearing of this about a decade ago, and it still not being more than a bunch of very old screenshots; I have about as much hope for this as Duke Nukem Forever. Since 3D Realms is deceased, that should give you a good idea of my opinion.

Corwin, I think the time may be coming up soon to contact you for an update and let you know how it's going. Another week or so of work and I will be entering the home stretch during the next few months.

I would like to read about it here ! ;)

So how about an article afterwards, then ? ;)

It could be because I know him personally and have actually played the game twice through!! :)

Cleve, one question for you to consider. I can't get the beta to run on my XP 64 OS. It runs fine on XP 32. Will the final release, or even the gamma run on 64 bit systems, or even Vista, or win7?

XP64 was kinda hacked together, par for the course for a MS OS. Vista is too much a resource hog and even more poorly hacked together (the monkeys that write code for MS drank more vodka than normally needed to forget that they worked for MS) than XP64. I have less hope for 7 being remotely decent, or even managing to run itself properly, than I do for DNF and Grimoire coming out. I still remember MS' own Windows Media Player crashing every time I tried to use it on my then brand new Vista-virus hobbled laptop. And that was with SP1!

Middle of July, Grimoire should be going gold any day now...

Cleve added a hidden message to his site at some point. "Thanks to RPGCodexers for their feedback and input into Corpse Crew alpha version 0.4"

Sad thing is many of you would love the game...corwin and I have bothed played it...it is a very good throwback to games of old.

Really reminds me of wizardy(for obvious reasons)

We might love it... if it ever arrives. However, as many have pointed out; it's been "coming soon" for at least a decade. There have been no new screens, or anything beyond "it's coming soon".

After this much time, most have written it off as vaporware. However, if (and that's a big IF!) Grimoire ever gets released, I will buy it. Quite probably like it. But I doubt I'll be alive long enough to see it's release.

I hope to one day play this game on a laptop while riding on a Hippogriff ...

I can arrange everything but the Hippogriff!! :)

I can arrange everything but the Hippogriff!! :)

I don't think we question Grimoire as a game. It exists and probably is even fun to play, but what we do question is if Cleve ever becomes that happy with it to actually release it.

Looks to me, that he likes the process of working on the game much more to actual watching the gaming public playing his game. So he can as well work on this game forever - just to finetune this or that - in the same manner as some of the enthusiasts finetune their veteran cars.

To be perfectly clear, I understand his position, as if there's no financial interest on his side (to get the invested money back), he can afford to create and finetune ad infinitum so he himself will be happy with the finished (if ever) game. It also makes sense because after two decades of development you don't want to hand out an unfinished product.

While I would like to try this game one day, I don't think we'll see it this year and I'm already tired of this thread popping up with no substantial news. :D I vote for letting it drop until some real news appears.

And according to the website, it's again 16 days to the release. Not gonna happen if you ask me. Next will be Coming winter 2009 (hard not to see a pattern there :))

Winter 2009 is now, in Australia.

Back
Top Bottom