Herman Cain

Tinkle down mainly benefits the top 1%. Very little benefits the rest of us, as seen in the widening income gap between the top 5% and the average joe on the street.

Maybe. But I think that, with Republican siding so squarely with Wall Street and corporations, more and more people realize that voting for them might not be good for their wallet (unless you have a very thick wallet).

Hate to go back when the thread has moved on, but the Democrats are just as bad about siding with Wall Street and corporations. They try to make a show of not being, but Obama has has put more money into Wall Street than Bush did! I think people are starting to realize that both sides are owned by corporate interests.

Tinkle down mainly benefits the top 1%. Very little benefits the rest of us, as seen in the widening income gap between the top 5% and the average joe on the street.

That has far more to do with the structural problems of our economy than the tax scheme.

Trickle down economics is not exclusively about taxes.

True, but it seems to be most often used to justify or attack lower tax rates at the top.

Hate to go back when the thread has moved on, but the Democrats are just as bad about siding with Wall Street and corporations.
I agree that Democrats are bad but they are not quite as bad as Republicans. Can you name few known Republicans not siding with WS and corporations? I can name quite a few Democrats...

I agree that Democrats are bad but they are not quite as bad as Republicans. Can you name few known Republicans not siding with WS and corporations? I can name quite a few Democrats…

What, Bernie Sanders, who caucuses? They're virtually almost as bad.

Barney Frank - Freddie and Fannie

Didn't have to think about that for more than a second.

Can you name few known Republicans not siding with WS and corporations? I can name quite a few Democrats…

I note that none of the righties have been able to answer your question. Not surprised about that. So the statement that Republicans are more in the pockets of WS and corporations stands.

Ummm, did you skip over the previous 2 posts? And, just to make sure you don't miss it:
Christopher Dodd and the insurance industry

I like how Gingrich claimed he was Freddie/Fannie's "historian" and not a lobbyist. Best paid historian in history!

OK, later he clarified:

In addition, Freddie Mac was interested in advice on how to reach out to more conservatives. The Gingrich Group stressed that Freddie Mac must be open to reform of their lending practices but that by stressing the historical success of public-private partnerships in achieving public goods at a minimum of taxpayer money and bureaucracy.

"advice on how to reach out to more conservatives", i.e., a lobbyist.

@DTE Where are any Republicans mentioned in the "previous 2 posts"? Nowhere to be seen. Another example of righties being so out of touch that they can't even identify their own party members. ;)

BTW, did Dodd stand with occupy wall street? I doubt it, but prove me wrong.

You're moving the goalposts, champ. You asked for dems supporting "WS and corporations". I give you Frank and Dodd, both bought and paid for by corporations. Now you're asking if they were a part of OWS? C'mon, man, show a little integrity. You went for hyperbole and got caught. Your point is still relatively valid, but at least admit you went over the top with it.

No DTE, either your reading comprehension is failing in a big way today, or you are being a total fuck. Most likely both, considering the insults. Reread post #66. Again I will quote the question for you that Z posed and you haven't responded to.

Can you name few known Republicans not siding with WS and corporations? I can name quite a few Democrats…

When your defense is "you can't name anyone from the other side who doesn't suck!", you've failed. Where's the long list of glowing, righteous democrats who don't support corporations?

BTW, there's a reason why so many OWS supporters are Ron Paul Koolaid drinkers ;)

Doesn't mean OWS supporters are fans Ron Paul?

Ron Paul's supporters support OWS. OWS supporters don't support anything as a whole, because there is no unified movement.

Back
Top Bottom