Witcher How do I beat this plant??

The Witcher
Okay, thanks. I'll see what happens, but It'll be a little while now as I lost my recent save games when I installed the patch and now I have to back-track quite a ways... :(

I have no problems with these plants, acctually I hardly even use potions in the witcher pretty easy so far, even if I play on hard, just use the fast combat style against this plant ( it'll take a long time to kill it ) but it'll not be able to attack you, unless you miss a combo, so I finished it off without HP loss and potions.. and gramps and that dog even survived the fight.

Wait! You're saying there is a plant thingy in the swamps that's tougher than the Archspore?! Urk, thankfully I have not run into that thing yet. In chapter 2, with only bronze talents, killing the Archspore was hard. Vital to my winning the battle was the "haste" potion (can't remember its name) and Swallow (healing potion), of course. If you don't have Igni high enough, blast it with Aard (AKA force push) to get an opening before getting in close and hacking it with all your might (i.e. using the strong style).

The Archspore is a mini-boss of sorts, as it gives you a trophy once you beat it - are you sure the Coccadicium (sp?) is not the same thing after all?

The C-plant is the one with the trophy; it's a boss version of an archespore. I'd say you got a bit confused there. :)

I have no problems with these plants, acctually I hardly even use potions in the witcher pretty easy so far, even if I play on hard, just use the fast combat style against this plant ( it'll take a long time to kill it ) but it'll not be able to attack you, unless you miss a combo, so I finished it off without HP loss and potions.. and gramps and that dog even survived the fight.

Well, I must have missed a combo then, because it throttled me soundly when I was up close and personal. I find it hard to imagine you got up to the rootstock without taking at least one hit from the thorns.... Not saying you didn't, but I don't think it'll happen with me controlling things.

I have to take my hat off to anyone who managed to beat them on the first swamp visit without potions and no hp loss. ;) They killed me the first time out as I underestimated what a simple weed could do to me. :lol:

Well, I must have missed a combo then, because it throttled me soundly when I was up close and personal.

hmm, you have to be very fast, I've done it with other harder to kill enemies too, with fast style, keep hitting, you cannot break the attack chain even once or it'll have enough time to hit you. ( It doesn't work with group or tough attack style ) try it! ( of course it doesn't work if there is multiple enemies )

That's how I beat the Echinops in chapter 1. But I found that once this cocca... hit me, it damaged me enough to prevent me from ever getting back into an effective rythym. - So, you're right, at my current level, it's either perfection or death.

Right now I think I'll choose my third option - scream and run away, and live to fight another... higher level or two. ;)

JW-Bummer about losing your saves!!! I'm with you on the power-ups --I never could get some of them to work and sometimes it did seem like you couldn't put a talent in those initial skills, but later you could--I never got a diamond shape (that I noticed) but the good news is I did manage to get the Igni powerup to work by holding the RMB.

My hat is also off to those who beat the C plant on the first go around--I died several times before I got my fire power up. I used the scream and run away strategy til I was almost through with the Swamp.

@ Sammy I LOL'ed at the drowner brain snackage incident. That's definitely junk food. :)

Jabberwocky thats a sort of common problem from that big thread, about not being able to attack. Once you miss or get hit you need to move (double click) fast to get repositioned to start your attack sequence again, especially when you up against a fast hitter like this or in a group beating on you, you have to relocate.

Even with good old Blizzard those quick relocations behind a single target are a sweet way to avoid getting hit and restarting your attack. :)

hmm, I tried to drink this blizzard potion... is it supposed to do something, all that happend for me is that the frame-rate dropped from like 40 to 5, and it became impossible to fight... so I thought it was some poisson or something??

You're right, it is a poison, but it slows everything down, making fighting fast monsters easier!!

Your journal should tell you all about it, if you read the right books. If not, the manual does.

Hehe, well I think this shader effect to make everything blurry might slow down the FPS, at least I hope so. Because I found fighting to be a lot harder while drinking this potion :D

@Gothic, try it again. One thing Blizzard does is mess up your rhythm -- you have to watch for the hit cues more carefully. However, after a couple of tries you will have figured out how it works, and at that point it becomes a tactical nuke -- you're damn close to unkillable when on Blizzard.

yes, Ive seen the light when it comes to Blizzard's effectiveness. I still dont like the visual effect tho, I'm a very impatient person. Life's short, I aint got all minute.

At least my load times are nothing since the patch!

True, I am still amazed at Cd Projekt, even though they are generously promising a Editor, they have been extremely stingy with allowing us to make adjustments game or video quality. The two major being the shader/particle effects, in Blizzard and on the game side to disable the Autosave, there are many others missing. All the previous Aurora games in the NWN.ini for both games and most all games sold.

yes, Ive seen the light when it comes to Blizzard's effectiveness. I still dont like the visual effect tho, I'm a very impatient person. Life's short, I aint got all minute.

Two words: White Honey.

I finished The Witcher last night and started over on hard difficulty. I admit to cheating and using my memory of recipes from the first game to make certain potions a lot earlier than you actually find them. Geralt is having very selective memory recall :) I hate drunkeness and Wive's Tears sell for 20 gp each. White Honey is another mainstay. I find myself over-intoxicated quite frequently on this game!

Back
Top Bottom