JoWooD Apologizes for Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods!

Forget the about community patches for G3, they corrupt the storyline - play vanilla!
????

:S:S
Could you be more specific?
Is it normal that a 2006 game need an Alienware of 2008?

Re: quote:-
[the actual game story contents were still in poor shape. I wasn't even interested in an expansion since they never finished the original game.]

The game story was excellent and to my knowledge is unequalled in any other game (relative to G1), it was both deep and hidden, the player was left to fathom a path 'beyond' the apparent storyline. The ever-so-small hints and clues were *the* actual hidden path and could only be pieced together by playing the game entirely and progressively with a great depth of thought, so a problem with pc-machine matching would indeed cause an incomplete game experience. Like many others i had to uprade graphics, cpu and mainboard in order to play the game decently so i sympathise with any gothic player not being able to enjoy or appreciate the game because of the heavy (at that time) pc-requirement demand.

G3 was actually declared publicly by the dev's as a revisit to G1 which has the original obscured (unrealised) theme "conflict of the gods" - which was completely ignored by the majority of players.

PB declared on release of G3 going 'gold' that the game was completly playable and indeed i played it in vanilla state for many months without any hitch - the hidden in-depth similarities to G1 were amazing, the concept likeness was almost identical --> to appease Adanos yet not disrespect Innos or even Beliar, the only way of staying true to the cause was to stay loyal to Innos and not to deviate in the slightest - this variably applies to both G1 and G3 storylines (but not definite in G2).

So, if you play G3 with any community patches, you will, in my profound judgement, corrupt the original hidden story context. For example the Community patches upturned the intentional hidden deceptive twelvth chalice quest and other such hidden diversions - meaning you could never ever find the true hidden path through the game if using a CP patch. Want the true subjective path with the Xardas deviant conlusion?.....then i suggest to play vanilla G3....and remember as you play, do not forsake the gods.

I fail to see the similarities between G1 and G3 but maybe it's just that i dont get it.
played it in vanilla state for many months without any hitch
I completed the vanilla state of G3 but saying that you didnt had any problems it just crazy!Neither Piranhas nor Jowood agree with you ,you must be the only person on the planet to say that.
For example the Community patches upturned the intentional hidden deceptive twelvth chalice quest

I remember that that quest was broken. well they had to do something either remove the 2nd biggest quest in the game or fix it by any means necessary.I see community patches as a salvation for G3.

Foolish move by them really, after Gothic 3 didn't go down that well you'd have thought they'd take no chances, much better to delay release as long as needed to get it working properly.

Fingers crossed piranha bytes makes a high quality product now they're out on their own :)

Many gamers played and enjoyed vanilla G3 Kostaz. Every gamer to their own playing style and enjoyment i always say - and their pc-machine choice. I still have the unpatched game loaded on the hard-drive. G3 still starts up and plays without problems, no files are tampered with in any way - just as it came straight out of the box, just as PB implied.
In G3's unpatched state, one of the twelve chalices was a decoy, a devious quest-fail ploy and of course you would never know which is the decoy before placing them on the pedestals therefore it would take a very long time replaying the quest to get at the solution to find the real answer, in other words the quest has unknowingly and inadvertantly failed, not exactly broken and very similar to G1 quest-fail detours. You don't exactly 'fail' the quests by definition, the game continues and diverts the player down an alternative yet seemingly default route.

The first chalice on the left hand side nearest to Innos's monastery shrine is a 'ghost' of the real one.
Anyway back on topic,

I do wholeheartedly agree with Jowoods game's title choice "Forsaken Gods" it fits perfectly and reflects with G1 and G3 story concept though for some diverse reason not with G2 which slightly sidetracked the original aim.

Wulf, the story in Gothic3 was incredibly shallow. Every town was a little mini story that was exactly the same without any real interaction between them. Every town you did a bunch of little quests until you reached a point where you had to choose one side or the other. Having liberated or not any other town had no effect on the next one.

Yes, even after freeing all the towns but one the rebels still wanted me to do trivial quests to prove my loyalty to them and the orcs somehow never figured out that the guy with the paladin armor and flaming sword was the same guy with paladin armor and flaming sword that had slaughtered hundreds of other orcs and freed the other towns. You'd think that the orcs that ran away would mention something like that.

The whole chalice thing and choosing sides in the god war was a thin veneer slapped on the rest of the game that had little to do with it. It was so hidden I doubt most people ever realized it was there before they gave up on the game.

BTW, I think they had some great ideas for Gothic3 but somehow it never all congealed into a whole. It's like different groups were working on different areas and never talked.

Last edited:
BTW, I think they had some great ideas for Gothic3 but somehow it never all congealed into a whole. It's like different groups were working on different areas and never talked.
Exactly what most people at the community believe,PB bit more than they could chew.

@Wulf I was one of the people who played and enjoyed G3 vanilla state but man this game was more buggy than Windows ME!!
I even had BSODs with it.Do you know what its like to liberate Vengard lvl 30 and once you're over the game asks you where the $#@^ is the guru?
As for the chalice I had no idea but it sound kinda stupid.

Strange me, I'm waiting for CP 1.7 so that it could further corrupt the storyline and I'm sure I'll love it.Maybe something is wrong with me:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom