Kickstarter - Jane Jensen's Moebius

Vindicator

Primordial Dragon
I just noticed a new Kickstarter by Jane Jensen, who created Gabriel Knight, arguably the best, deepest, and darkest adventure game of all time.

Jane Jensen and her husband Robert Holmes just started their own game studio, Pinkerton Road. They want to create the kind of dark and mature adventures that game publishers won't fund anymore, so they've turned to the fans.

Moebius will be their studio's first 2D adventure game, a metaphysical thriller in the vein of Gabriel Knight.

Jane's family, Robert and Raleigh will be doing the music for the game…
They have a band, The Scarlet Furies… and believe it or not, they're actually good!
After hearing Raleigh's hauntingly beautiful voice, you'll be an instant fan! Links below.
Pledge $30+ for the game's soundtrack!

Safe in Arms
If I Had My Way
David's theme
Bluegrass Hamlet

Last edited:
I backed them at 16$.

I have very fond memories from the GK series. This will probably end as a present for my adventure loving sis these days though...

There are some moments when I have this great desire in money and becoming insanely rich. This is one of those moments. I would definitely pledge 10K ( or even becoming the producer and funding the whole project if I could ) just to see GK4. This is no GK4, but its success will definitely open a way for that game and I deeply wish for it to become a big success.

Last edited:
Yes, we all want Gabriel Knight 4… Unfortunately, as Jane explains on her Kickstarter page, she doesn’t own the rights. However, if her new game studio is successful, she is interested in acquiring the rights… so let’s make that happen people!

I have to say I thought she had numerous and loyal enough fans to ensure that this campaign would be funded in the first few days. She's probably going to make it, but seeing that it's about 20 days after its launch and it's still not funded is a little surprising.

Maybe, for all the positive criticism that it received, more people thought, as I did, that Grey Matter was very disappointing and at best bland and mediocre? I know I would be more willing to raise my pledge if she had promised that we wouldn't get such a game again instead of suggesting a sequel.

Grey Matter was very disappointing and at best bland and mediocre

Yes, Gray Matter was no GK… but remember, that was a collaborative effort.
Jane created the characters and story for Gray Matter, but the game was developed by Wizarbox (France) and published by DTP (Germany).
With the creation of her own game development studio, Pinkerton Road, and without a publisher to foot the bill and guide the design, Jane will be solely responsible if Moebius doesn't measure up. So, let's support this game and give her the chance to shine again!

BTW, now that they have a clearly defined goal, they really need to change their Kickstarter page from Jane Jensen's Pinkerton Road: A Year of Adventure to Jane Jensen's Moebius. That vague header isn't helping with the fundraising.

Last edited:
Yes, Gray Matter was no GK… but remember, that was a collaborative effort.
Jane created the characters and story for Gray Matter, but the game was developed by Wizarbox (France) and published by DTP (Germany).
So I understand, but that's only significant if she wasn't satisfied by it and if she intends to take a different approach. This is not what her kickstarter page shows though, in fact it shows the opposite. I bet it's because it seems to have been well received, but it could be that it was more controversial than it appeared to be.

Jane has been very communicative about Moebius, the new game. She has assured us it will be very much the spiritual successor of GK. She did not have full control of GM and it was for a different audience (casual gamers). One of the reasons she is starting her own studio is so she can make new games to rival the old. And if this succeeds - GK4 is a very real possibility. So please, don't hold back on the pledges!

I can't believe that Jane hasn't reached her modest $300K goal after a full month.
I'm guessing that the multitude of Jane Jensen/Gabriel Knight fans still haven't heard about Jane's Moebius Kickstarter campaign… Let's face it, adventure games don't get a lot of press coverage these days… So, let's get the word out!

I plan to bump my pledge before the Kickstarter campaign ends.
And let's also support the family band… The Scarlet Furies.
I just purchased their new album, Bury Me in Symmetry and it's excellent!

When Raleigh isn't singing, songwriting, or hosting her mom's Kickstarter videos, she's acting… soon to star in the horror flick, Crawlspace, along with Steven Weber and Lori Loughlin.
I think Raleigh is going to be a big star. :)

Last edited:
I recently read about some rumours that the creators of the Space Quest series might surprise us anytime soon.

Not a rumour, though they haven't put up their Kickstarter project yet.

A new space quest? That would be amazing.

Not a rumour, though they haven't put up their Kickstarter project yet.
It's up now.
Looks reasonably interesting though they focus exclusively on the voice actors. I'll wait for some updates to see if they actually have something interesting in mind, apparently they're going to be releasing playable demos throughout the campaign.

It's up now.
Looks reasonably interesting though they focus exclusively on the voice actors. I'll wait for some updates to see if they actually have something interesting in mind, apparently they're going to be releasing playable demos throughout the campaign.

This is great news and I am definitely going to pledge. I like the physical boxed copy but they do not seem to mention anything regarding shipping costs as in other Kickstarter projects.

EDIT: They added a small update and as expected, the international shipping costs are the usual $15.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom