HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Learn more about the Romans of King Arthur: Legion IX:

Meet the Romans! - Praetorius

Ave!

We have finally revealed the release date of our upcoming tactical RPG, King Arthur: Legion IX, but we haven't unveiled everything about the game yet. Today we will be looking at a character that we did not mention so far, probably because he wouldn't want the fame and glory anyway. All he wants to do is serve eternally!

As the tribune of the Ninth Legion, Gaius Julius Mento is an important figure in the grand hierarchy of the soldiers under Emperor Sulla. While he is an excellent fighter, he was still given an unflinching bodyguard. This bodyguard is a loyal Roman soldier, Octavius Remus.

He is, in fact, a praetorian, an elite guard of military praetors. Despite his prowess, he won't try to steal the spotlight, that's just not in his character. In fact, he is a very enigmatic person, and undead legionary proudly bearing the weight of his role of a defender. He is loyal, as evidenced by the fact that he appears beside Gaius when he emerges from the Underworlds.

He wields a massive shield and utilizes skills around the theme of defense, such as Wall of Blades and Bulwark, but he is a fairly good melee fighter as well, capable of using his shield as a weapon (Shield Bash). When things get tough in the magical land of Avalon, you might want to turn towards a more defensive tactical approach until the balance shifts - the praetorian will be very useful in these moments.

It would mean a lot to us if you would put King Arthur: Legion IX on your wishlist before the release date (May 9th, 2024), and if you own King Arthur: Knight's Tale, be on the lookout for a little token of gratitude when this new game launches.

Onwards to Nova Roma!
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Because of the way they titled it, I wasn't aware this will be a standalone game until today. That's great news, and makes it much more enticing to me than having to get through old content to reach the new DLC content. I will play it for sure, very possibly at launch, as the first game was 100+ hours of good fun.

Back
Top Bottom