Last game you finished, tell us about it

A Plague Tale Requiem
Very good like the first one as expected but short as well and i think they went a bit over the top in some scenes. I liked alot how they made Amicia this time, more powerful, more mature and so on, i think in the 3rd game if it will be one, she will go full Lara Croft. Some exterior levels look insane, music is great as well. OVerall some scenes are pretty intense and touching like the one from the barn in chapter 3.

I finished Rogue Trader.

This is I think first game I finished where I've got an evil/selfish ending - I have no idea why I've got evil ending because my conviction was almost 50:50 split between Iconoclast and Dogmatic lol (not saying I'm unhappy, I think its fitting considering the setting).

I had reached level 53 (of max level 55) but couldn't actually level up as there were 2 fights in a row and the game didn't give me a chance to level up between 2 fights.

Act 4 & 5 really railroad players and there really wasn't much to explore apart from the main plot which I wasn't a fan of. Ending slides really felt incoherent as hell.

I played as a biomancer/warrior/arch-militant which was enjoyable enough. I don't think many players will have issue with combat on normal save few encounters with crazy difficulty spike. My main issue with the combat was that, I never really got a good understanding of what each abilities do because there are so many modifiers but things just work out anyway - I think it was designed that "cool things" just happen even if you don't fully understand what you are doing (e.g. at some point, my characters started to attacks of opportunity each time they parried attack but I have no idea what ability triggered that)

It was fun enough for one run but I don't really feel like doing another run - 40K definitely isn't my thing and replayability is limited due to game offering only a few class and conviction variety. I think the game would have been better if Owlcats took more open world approach (act 2 content) and didn't come up with some weird plot that didn't quite work.

Steam shows my playtime as 156 hours - this consists of 40 hours of alpha and 15-20 hours or so of prior runs, so I think overall less than 100 hour for a single run - definitely less content than Pathfinder games considering Rogue Trader is TB combat only.
20240407184520_1.jpg

20240407191013_1.jpg

Now, going back to Dragon's Dogma 2 :D

I had hit a bug in Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader, so decided to play something else for a bit. I had bought Warhammer 40k Mechanicus a while ago as it had good reviews and just finished playing it.

I found the game quite lacklustre to be honest. Luckily it's quite short, but the missions are very samey, the progression isn't amazing and the game is too easy unless you play on super hard difficulty.

Overall, the only really good thing I can say is that it has a nice atmosphere. I would much rather play Warhammer 40k Chaosgate if I had to pick between the two.

Finished CP after 195 hours with 100% Achievements. I think a convo you have with Johnny sums it up (something like):
V: I was hoping for a happier ending...
Johnny: In this city, and with these people, that was never going to happen.

I didn't like where the main story was going so I did the PL ending first
handed songbird to Reed, and got 'cured'.
, and after seeing through the others, I still feel it was the most right for my V.

Time to start BG3.

Finished CP after 195 hours with 100% Achievements. I think a convo you have with Johnny sums it up (something like):
V: I was hoping for a happier ending...
Johnny: In this city, and with these people, that was never going to happen.

I didn't like where the main story was going so I did the PL ending first
handed songbird to Reed, and got 'cured'.
, and after seeing through the others, I still feel it was the most right for my V.

Time to start BG3.
Yup, that was my favorite ending as well. I'm missing one achievement, the one involving saving Takemura.

Geneforge 1 - Mutagen remaster - good game, wouldn't have played it if there had been a proper cRPG coming out soon. The gameplay was pretty meh, tactical combat as simplified as it gets. I think I spoiled myself as I was given the impression that I would be presented an insanely intricate story with factions, NPCs and mind-blowing twists, and it was plain and bland as it gets.

For the price, it was 40ish hours well invested, regardless, but I won't be moving onto Geneforge 2 for now.

I had a blast when I played Geneforge 1, Mutagen remaster about three years ago, I thought the story was decent, though certainly not rich or overly involved.

I finally finished a "Trails" game.

I first played Trails from the Sky FC (first chapter) years ago, can't remember exactly when. Didn't finish it. I later played roughly the same amount of that game again (~18 hours), didn't get any further.

I also played 50+ hours of Trails of Cold Steel 1. Got pretty far, didn't finish it. It's also my least favorite of the games I'm talking about here.

Maybe a year ago or so, I started Trails to Zero, of the so called Crossbell arc. These are older games than the Cold Steel series, and didn't originally get localized for English speaking audiences. A famed amateur translation (Geofront) allowed people to play it, but but by the time I was aware of it, they had taken it down because of official plans to release it in English. I liked Trails to Zero, but stopped after around 50 hours.

I picked it back up a couple of weeks ago, and finished it today. It's imperfect, as are all the games. Lots of very Japanese "let's do our best" crap, tons of filler dialogue, etc. And it's an old game, so the graphics aren't exactly cutting edge. But it's good, and the best of the series I've played. I like the cast, and I already have the direct sequel, Tales from Azure, and plan to at least start that next.

I've played all the Trails games that are out for the computer save the two most recent, I've got to get those one of these days as that series is one of my faves and I'm really keen to see the Crossbell arc.

I've played all the Trails games that are out for the computer save the two most recent, I've got to get those one of these days as that series is one of my faves and I'm really keen to see the Crossbell arc.
If you haven't played the Crossbell arc (Zero and Azure), then it seems likely there are three you haven't played. Those plus Requiem, which is the most recent both in chronology and release date.

Back
Top Bottom