Lefty corruption....again

I could quote Osama Bin Laden if it's CONFIRMED BY THE WHITE HOUSE, jackoff.

I'll settle for making you look like an ass.

Surprise, surprise. That list is worthless. It says nothing about which states have the corporate waivers. From what I can tell the majority could have ushered by Republicans. And surprise there are lots of insurance provider maximum coverage waivers in other states. Look at Ohio for example.

To quote the great Republican, Pres Gee Dubya Boosh, "Mission accomplished". ;)

If you're going to deny things confirmed by the White House, I don't think it's too much to ask that you actually do a tiny bit of your own homework. Look up the companies mentioned in the Yahoo article. Are they on the list (note that this list was last updated a few months ago) ? Look up the comanies. Where are they? That's confirmation since you apparently don't believe the White House anymore.

OR better yet, here's a yahoo search on "Obamacare waivers Pelosi". 39,500 results. Surely you can find one in there you're comfy with. I see Forbes on the first page. I see MSNBC on the first page. Of course, if you'd rather call your White House liars than face the music, there might not be much more I can do for you.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/05/20/war.powers/index.html

Apparently Barack doesn't give two craps about congressional permission and pesky legalities. I can respect that. ;)

President Obama may be on the brink of breaking the law.

At issue: The 1973 War Powers Act, which says if the president does not get congressional authorization 60 days after military action, the mission must stop within 30 days.

The president formally notified Congress about the mission in Libya with a letter on March 21, which makes Friday the 60-day deadline.

And, just to forestall the "Blame Bush" whine:
To be sure, presidents in both parties often ignored another part of the War Powers Act -- that the commander-in-chief should get congressional approval before any military action.

Still, in recent years, President Bush did seek and receive congressional authority for Afghanistan and Iraq prior to launching those missions.
"Make no mistake: Obama is breaking new ground, moving decisively beyond his predecessors," Yale law professors Bruce Ackerman and Oona Hathaway wrote this week in the Washington Post.

The only thing that comes close is President Clinton's military effort in Kosovo.

TBH, I think we'd be better off without the War Powers Act anyways.

As a fan of a strong executive, I wouldn't have too much heartburn tossing that law in the trash either.

Way I look at it, Congress already has their check and balance to halt military action by the executive: power of the purse. They don't need another one. Just choke off funding.

i think osama was doing a p.cool thing

10,000 proles dead. elites 1 proles 0

Edwards indicted

Those lefties sure do love their election fraud. Thrasher, as always, is welcome to deny anything happened until he hears the news from Michael Moore.

Kinda let this thread die, but this ongoing scandal just keeps getting uglier and uglier. The media is slow-pitching to minimize the damage to the Obama administration, but at least they aren't ignoring it like usual.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_1...furious-to-make-the-case-for-gun-regulations/

ATF officials didn't intend to publicly disclose their own role in letting Mexican cartels obtain the weapons, but emails show they discussed using the sales, including sales encouraged by ATF, to justify a new gun regulation called "Demand Letter 3". That would require some U.S. gun shops to report the sale of multiple rifles or "long guns." Demand Letter 3 was so named because it would be the third ATF program demanding gun dealers report tracing information.

Second amendment? Obama don't need no stinkin' second amendment...

I realize that "second level thinking" is asking quite a bit, but we'll give you a shot. First, let's review the text, shall we?

http://constitution.laws.com/2nd-amendment
There are two principle versions of the Second Amendment: one version was passed by Congress, while the other is found in the copies distributed to each individual state and later ratified by them

As passed by the Congress:A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a Free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States: A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
OK, let's play storytime.

Wise dte notes, "There's nothing in there about 'but we can track the shit out of it if we wanna'."

"But," poor Thrasher triumphantly screams, "mere tracking does not infringe on ownership, silly rightie!", and proceeds to do his touchdown dance.

"So," whispers the wise dte, "what do you plan to with your tracking info once you collect it? Put it in a drawer? Then it's useless information and you're wasting time and money with typically pointless government meddling. Or perhaps would you have some use for such info? About the only function of such a list would be to identify people that you feel have too many guns, and the only reason to identify those legal gun owners would be if you plan to take some action against them, thereby infringing on their legal rights." Wise dte sees no point in theatrics, and skips the touchdown dance in favor of watching poor thrasher for signs of cranial overheating.

There goes DTE, imagining monsters in the closet. Paranoid delusions are the first wign that he's missed his medication. And I thought there wasn't enough straw in the world. ;)

What is the completely innocent plan for that information, since I'm clearly too dense to figure it out for myself? I'll take "no answer" as an admission of guilt, mind you.

I already did construct a perfectly sound explanation. You chose to call me paranoid, so I'm waiting patiently for your alternative explanation. Color me surprised that you'd avoid the attempt in favor of petty insults. Like I said, "no answer" means you have nothing to offer, champ. I know, second level thinking... Put some ice on your head, it might help with the overheating.

I know that you think a plateful of paranoia is good, but most of us don't. If someone is amassing a huge number of weapons, don't you think he could pose a terrorist threat? If not, then you are seriously wacked, and deserve the crazy Republican nominees.

Back
Top Bottom