Legends of Aethereus - Now Available

I played for an hour or two and I largely agree with axellslade (except for the part about playing Amalur, why would anybody do that to themselves! ;) )

I thought the physics based combat would be really fun at least, but I found myself winning fights I shouldn't have won at all (with just a little kiting and the use of special abilities, which took away any feel of weight that normal combat had built up). In addition, an opponent hitting me would interrupt my action, but half the time I had no such effect on my enemies actions. I hope that Sui Generis handles this better when it comes out. The camera was pretty jerky for me too and I have a decent computer.

I want to like it but I can't right now. I may try to load it again in a couple of months and see how it has been improved.

As for the no saves, I agree, I wish I had known about that before hand. I don't always have an hour to put into a game, life happens and I need to walk away, I should be able to save and not have to go back to the beginning of a mission. Why, designers? Why?

(except for the part about playing Amalur, why would anybody do that to themselves! ;) )

Well, that's because I never got to play Teeth of Naros, and now that I own the whole thing on Steam(only have base game + Dead Kel on Origin) and happened to be the FIRST Steam DVD backups on the pile after uninstalling Aethereus... I said "Nah, why not."

Also, back to topic: The no save happened to be the final straw for me. Was fighting some boss dude then I alt-tabbed to check the interwebz for some stuff for my wife, alt-tabbed back and it crashed. I said "okay, no probs". Launched the game again only to find I had to do the whole thing again. And I was thinking the subtle slowdowns were the game auto-saving!

Back
Top Bottom