Might & Magic X - Now Available

First bug. I did not have enough gold to buy the expert sword skill. Was 700 gold. I only had 111 gold but it gave me the skill and just knocked my gold to 0. I guess I can live with that bug. :)

Someone mentioned earlier that you can only buy 6 food at a time but that is not true. Can only buy 6 food in first city. I found a merchant in the woods outside of Sorpigal and he sold the party 9 food. So this is like the old M&M games where you can buy more and more food later in the game.

Last edited:
Couldn't start playing this version yet, but as a VIP I was lucky to play some previous versions beyond act 2.

Learning the hard way to save before I enter any dungeon. Ouch! learning to hate the sight of death.
As far as I know the game should do it for you in the autosave.

Did the first wilderness area and the lighthouse last night. No bugs yet and my only complaint is the loading time when entering and leaving new areas. It is not too bad but you do have to wait.
Yes it is specially bad in he main wilderness area. Dungeons aren't that bad.

Only other complaint is monster variety where you only fight one type of creature in a dungeon but this may change. Starter dungeon was all spiders and a spider queen. Lighthouse is all nagas so far. I am not done with the lighthouse yet.
I wouldn't expect much variety, at least of race. Though you can expect different kind of enemies in one race anyway.

Just some tips along the way:
First spell you need to buy is earth - regrowth. Much easier from there on.
I think you meant regeneration ;) But great tips anyway.

Following with tips, try to pick spells that prevent or cure conditions as soon as possible, or you may find yourself in very bad situations during a dungeon. Only exception is one of the light spells that cures curses. Don't rush to get it, it is expensive and you won't need it until act 2 at least, when you start facing lots of undead. Also there's an offensive spell at light magic (at expert I think) that causes light damage and physical damage. I think it's quite bad for the spell points it needs, so don't get it.

I think you meant regeneration ;) But great tips anyway.

Following with tips, try to pick spells that prevent or cure conditions as soon as possible, or you may find yourself in very bad situations during a dungeon. Only exception is one of the light spells that cures curses. Don't rush to get it, it is expensive and you won't need it until act 2 at least, when you start facing lots of undead. Also there's an offensive spell at light magic (at expert I think) that causes light damage and physical damage. I think it's quite bad for the spell points it needs, so don't get it.

And I question from me, at which difficulty level are you guys playing? I played on warrior mode and found it quite difficult for nowadays standards, specially after ending act 1. I'd like to hear from you how you feel it.

Make sure you don't kill any enemy when one of your members is knocked out as he wont get any XP. This also is true for stuns.
Get prime magic to expert fast. That way you can identify items and save lots of money.
Make sure you have a fire caster in the group to learn burning determination. Useful spell against enemies with heavy stuns/paralize.
In the first levels push vitality, especially for the caster which might seem a little counter intuitive but is necessary due to the missing aggro and positioning system.

Invaluable, Kordanor! Kudos!

I'm playing adventurer. Combat is a means to an end for me.

I am playing on the normal mode not sure what they call it. Is warrior mode the hard one? Was going to try the harder mode on second play thru I think. What members are in your party Vitirr?

My party has not died yet but I will see how the fight goes with the Naga boss in the lighthouse. I will be doing that battle next. Hardest battle was fighting 2 nagas with one being an elite and then 2 more nagas attacked me from behind. Had to use all my mana and healing potions and my freemage was knocked out.

How do you raise skills in the game. If I go to a trainer it will say Bob isn't high enough level to raise Earth magic. How do I add points to skills, I've only seen how to add points to attribs when I leveled up to 2, not skills.

How do you raise skills in the game. If I go to a trainer it will say Bob isn't high enough level to raise Earth magic. How do I add points to skills, I've only seen how to add points to attribs when I leveled up to 2, not skills.

There will be a little sign above your character when you lvl up. I missed it at first also. You can add 3 points to skills a lvl. I had to place 7 skill points in sword fighting to get the expert skill.

So the little sign is not on the character portrait but just above it. You might be able to raise your points on the skill page also. Think you can get to that from the spell page.

It was confusing crpgnut and it took me a lvl or 2 to figure it out also.

Has anyone gotten to the late stage of the game that can comment if later acts have the same quality as early acts ? Also how long is the game?
-
I dont' actually epxect an answer today as I suppose the game is more than 8 hours and folks have a ways to go…..
-
I'm so tired of being a watchdog can't I be lazy dog ?

First bug. I did not have enough gold to buy the expert sword skill. Was 700 gold.
I only had 111 gold but it gave me the skill and just knocked my gold to 0.
I guess I can live with that bug. :)
If someone reports to Ubi that this bug feature should be reworked, I'll kill him!

I agree joxer, my blademaster just paid the 700 gold so when the crusader did not have enough gold I just thought this is a 2 for 1 special. :)

I am playing on the normal mode not sure what they call it. Is warrior mode the hard one? Was going to try the harder mode on second play thru I think. What members are in your party Vitirr?
Yes warrior is the hard one, adventurer the not so hard. My party was a defender, rune priest, blande dancer and crusader. Perhaps is not the best combination but I got attached to it ;) I was even using spear instead of magic focus for my rune priest just because it was cool, despite she could only get to master, and magic focus seems to be the most obvious choice.

My party has not died yet but I will see how the fight goes with the Naga boss in the lighthouse. I will be doing that battle next. Hardest battle was fighting 2 nagas with one being an elite and then 2 more nagas attacked me from behind. Had to use all my mana and healing potions and my freemage was knocked out.
Yes that's one of the hard early fights, but you'll find plenty more.

Has anyone gotten to the late stage of the game that can comment if later acts have the same quality as early acts ? Also how long is the game?
-
I dont' actually epxect an answer today as I suppose the game is more than 8 hours and folks have a ways to go…..
The game mechanics stay the same, only that you face meanest monsters. You're always a bit behind them, making you struggle to level up or get new deadly items, which makes it all the more rewarding when you advance.

I reached act 3 and had to spend quite a good number of hours. Even though I was playing on the hard difficulty setting and I normally take longer than what it is considered normal, I'd say the game is not short at all. Perhaps not huge like a M&M6 of sorts but quite enough for me.

Also how long is the game?

The reviewer at Inc Gamer said it took him 62 hours.
I will be happy with anything over 40 but I think I will be doing a repeat with a different party

Still having a great time playing M&MX and I am very happy I got it. I hate that U Play crap but I have no problem supporting a game like this in hopes that others are made. There is a nice class selection and I can see another play thru on the hard setting with different classes.

Another incarnation of beggars sucks (uplay) and is unnecessary. Steam should disallow this in their contracts.

The game is lovely. Hmm where can I learn earth magic... One party member is poisoned...

What pisses me off is that my Gtx570 fans is constantly running at a high level, even though I set graphics pretty conservative. Pretty 2000ish graphics btw.

Limit the FPS to 40 in gfx-options -> that lowers the heat.

I saw it today boxed at Gamestop - price was only 30 Euros. I was surprised.

LoL if they were limited to not using Steam, I bet that would kill 90%+ of the purchases. They should have more respect for their customers and not require uplay at all. Not an opinion, fact.

LoL if they were limited to not using Steam, I bet that would kill 90%+ of the purchases. They should have more respect for their customers and not require uplay at all. Not an opinion, fact.

A fact?

Everyone buying it now is using Uplay. So if they are fine ( or put up with) with steam and uplay together they wouldn't buy it if it were just on Uplay?

I think you are over estimating the resolve of gamers, they will buy it anyway. Even with all the complaining here most still bought it.

Remember, there was a time when steam was as hated as uplay is now.

Limit the FPS to 40 in gfx-options -> that lowers the heat.
Didn't help. But I found out the by far worst Gpu melter is the ingame Vsync. I turned it off and my Gpu load decreased from mostly 100% to now around 35-40.

Back
Top Bottom