My Patreon Page...or, Fluent Begs For Money, Episode 1

Also, well done to Mustawd for spotting the shameless ripoff that put the final nail in the Ellis Studios scammers.

It's all good. I don't use a headset mic, since in my experience even the expensive ones don't deliver good audio quality. So I use a lapel mic for recording. With a few postprocessing tricks you can get pretty good quality in the end videos.

I may have been a bit too thirsty in 2015. :p I just do the channel for fun now.

Also, well done to Mustawd for spotting the shamless ripoff that put the final nail in the Ellis Studios scammers.

Word! That was crazy. Unfortunately I never heard from The Red Hand of Doom dev yet.

Red Hand of Doom is easy if you're designing the first level. It's basically

the party walking along and then getting ambushed. So the beginning mostly tends to be a reason to start walking to the main quest's town. And on that way you get a taste of the hobgoblin horde.

This is based on the module. So it's quite easy to see how the VERY beginning it's easy to code and develop. But the next phase of the game involves actually going to the twon, meeting NPCs, etc. (per the module). And then the module gets even more complicated with some of the PnP mechanics for campaigns.

So, I can totally see the dev looking at the module and thinking "daaamn, it's gonna be hard to implement this part…". And then he left it alone for a bit, and prolly dropped it completely, and so only the DEMO exists.

And I know this cuz I'm trying to (slowly) put together a module for RoD on the Iceblink engine 2 (which I would recommend checking out if you're a fan of goldboxy type games as well as Magic Candle Series or Spiderweb Software Exile games.). And I've thought plenty of the first encounter and start getting tied into knots with ideas and what not once the party gets to the main town. And even though the module seems to be pretty quality and thorough, it's still a big undertaking. So I wouldn't hold my breath for the game anytime soon if there's been radio silence on it.

Nice. The Iceblink Engine is dope. How easy is the engine to create with? You might want to check out Realmz for something similar.

There is no way in bloody hell that I am giving one, red cent of my money to anyone who uses the word "dope" as an adjective, and who also titles themselves as an "RPG Gamer Extraordinaire". Good luck in your Patreon campaign, Fluent, but I shall take a pass.

It's all good. Thanks. I don't really have a Patreon "campaign" right now but may come up with something in the future. The page is still open if anyone would like to become a Patron. If you like what I do on YouTube, the Steam or Google+ group or here on RPGWatch, feel free to donate. But I won't push anyone to donate and it's all good either way. I'm just enjoying playing RPGs again and making videos, etc.., as it's very fun for me. :)

Nice. The Iceblink Engine is dope. How easy is the engine to create with? You might want to check out Realmz for something similar.

I'm still making sprites for my module, so I haven't gotten into the nitty gritty. Really, it'll be a long process to be honest. Most of my thoughts are on paper for when the assets are complete and I'm ready to start developing. But the devs are making a more streamlined version of the module kit called Iceblink mini. Right now the main engine IB2 is pretty powerful based on what I've seen. You just need to invest the time to learn it. Kind of like the NWN aurora engine.

Here's a good example if you want to try out a demo: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/modding-iceblink-make-faerun-great-again.113905/

also, wtf are you even talking about with your Steam controller BS? Keyboard + Mouse is always more effective than a controller.

Great pixels there, Mustawd. Dope that you are into the IceBlink engine as I discovered it about a year back and didn't hear/see much of it since then. I believe it was Dorateen who informed me about the work being done on the larger module, Hearkenworld, but I'm not sure what became of that. I may even take a crack at learning the toolset as well someday. Keep us updated on this.

As for the Steam Controller, I love the damn thing. I mean, define "effective", because I'm pretty straight with the controller by itself. Currently playing NWN with it and it's great. Since NWN doesn't support the Steam Overlay due to being a weird, modified version of OpenGL, you can't really type too well when naming a save file, taking notes in your journal or naming your character, but everything else works great. As it stands I play NWN exclusively with the Steam Controller and it will be my preferred method of control going forward for all games. You can map all the keyboard and mouse functions to the huge bevy of controls on the controller. It's nice.

Back
Top Bottom