NAZI Symbolism

JemyM said:
Symbols and symbolism are irrational afterall.

It depends of the symbol and the argument.

You could argue a swastika on a white circle against a red field is a nazi symbol, as it was used by the nazis as a symbol of their identity. That's an objective declaration.

You can argue the jugenthingie is a symbol of the oppression of a nationless people as it was used to mark a nationless people for its oppression. That's an objective declaration.

You can't argue the jugenstuffie is a nazi symbol without several subjective elements thrown in as it was never used by the nazi party to identify itself. And once we start throwing subjective elements in we can argue it is actually a symbol of resistance and survival against the depredations of a tyrannical regime, for example.

So let's not go there.

JemyM said:
To the contrary. What makes it into a judenstern is form and color.

You are arguing every single star of david with brown fields is a jugenthingie reference?

You shouldn't try that one with an Umineko fangirl. I call upon a reversed Hempel's Raven.

judenstern.jpg

portraet_juden_stern_g.jpg

Judenstern.jpg

Are all of those Judenthingies? If the answer is yes color and shape are by themselves not more important than the text itself.

JemyM said:
Foolish fool spouting foolish foolishness, just as I expect of a foolish fool such as you.

Ad Hominem? EZ.

And here I was, feeling we were really having fun.

All my arguments so far have been in perfect accordance to the rules of formal debate and argumentation.

So, please, point at the objective foolishness I have committed or accept your own nature as the spawn of inferior education.

Tartarus. Grinding the bleep out off Arqa 17-24.
I see nothing offensive about his avatar. Looks like the Star of David to me.
You really disappointed VotS Ross! He will have to find more offensive avatar now.

This star was used in the past to discriminate the jews in Nazi-Germany.
It was the beginning of the holocaust - the biggest crime we Germans ever committed.

This symbol stands today for the worst human behavior. Using it leads to provocations and conflicts. Avoiding the symbol is the best someone can do.

It's offensive to some people, which is exactly why you're doing it. Edgy. Just because you can do something (and I'm tremendously impressed by Vii's textbook logic) doesn't mean you should and certainly doesn't make you less of an asshole.

Congrats, champ, you accomplished your goal.

One of the few occasions I fully agree with dte. I would even defend VotS's right to declare himself an asshole. But I reserve for myself a right to call him an asshole.

Last edited:
Pladio said:
He's been put on my ignore list. Just do the same….

Please, can you tell me how to access the ignore list and add people on it? I can't find mine. :(

dteowner said:
(and I'm tremendously impressed by Vii's textbook logic)

:glomp: Conciliatory huggies!

I'm sorry if I came through as a bitch, though. I mostly just debate because it's fun, so I get hurt and angry when people starts insulting and stuffies like it's serious business.

While you guys were talking about this bullshit I cleared another 2 dungeons in Skyrim. Grow up and getting back to gaming you fools.

Please, can you tell me how to access the ignore list and add people on it? I can't find mine. :(
User control panel, on the right:
Settings & Options
Edit your ignore list.

While you guys were talking about this bullshit I cleared another 2 dungeons in Skyrim. Grow up and getting back to gaming you fools.

I'd rather watch the lawn grow than play Skyrim.

It is the fact that Villain's avatar is not a Nazi symbol.

While it has Holocaust connected connotations, those connotations are of an ironic nature and don't represent antisemitic sentiment.

The people who put political correctness above reason should watch this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118799/

Nobody (to my knowledge) accused him of being antisemitic but of being an asshole. And I have seen "Life is Beautiful". What's the connection?

Nobody (to my knowledge) accused him of being antisemitic but of being an asshole.

Nazi symbolism was cited as the reason of his reprimanding. Are there rules against "being an asshole" on the forum? Are there clear definitions of "being an asshole" (not that I'm saying that he isn't an asshole)? Was he reprimanded for being an asshole or for "Nazi symbolism"?

And I have seen "Life is Beautiful". What's the connection?

Even serious events, like Holocaust, can be subject of humour. Villain's avatar represents an attempt (granted, not a particularly good attempt, once novelty wears off) at irony, which is a form of humour.

This star was used in the past to discriminate the jews in Nazi-Germany.
It was the beginning of the holocaust - the biggest crime we Germans ever committed.

This symbol stands today for the worst human behavior. Using it leads to provocations and conflicts. Avoiding the symbol is the best someone can do.

It is only fitting. Watchers berate and belittle Codexers at every turn. In this thread alone, people are calling all codexers racists, misogynists, trolls etc. If you, as a German yourself, fail to see a connection between this disgusting attitude of Watchers towards Codexers, then using my avatar is all the more relevant and the entire point of damnation of Germany's Nazi past has completely gone over your head as a German.

I can't even discuss anything in this forum without being called a dozen names. Just a few weeks ago, I was discussing flaws of Skyrim in a thread, down to cold hard facts about the game and your own Watchers resorted to all sorts of name calling when they failed to find a fault with my arguments.

Welcome To StormWatch. A den of racist, thought policing insecure pathetic human beings.

Welcome To StormWatch. A den of racist, thought policing insecure pathetic human beings.

Dude, if this place here is oh so terrible, well, why don't you just, you know, fuck off or something? Great idea, no? :biggrin:

It's offensive to some people, which is exactly why you're doing it. Edgy.

Thank you for thought policing but kindly take that attitude and, do whatever else you will with it. I'm doing it because it is a perfect reflection of the air towards Codexers here. This thread alone justifies it a hundred times. Your attitude justifies it. I'm this troll! Codexer out to eat your children! I must be mischievous and evil! Oooh!

villain of the story said:
Your attitude justifies it. I'm this troll! Codexer out to eat your children! I must be mischievous and evil! Oooh!

To be honest that's simply not true. No one has used being an ex "Codexer" against me and I have gotten into quite a lot of arguments since I came here, and I have seen no one using being a "Codexer" against any of the others who are here without trolling nor trying to be a bother. Gee, even when debates turn sour like in this thread they are nicer than you jerks were when being friendly and cuddly.

Villain-Kun has a lot of 'tude, maybe that's the problem and people believe you to be trolling or looking for trouble when you aren't. You should be more huggable instead. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom