New Schnauzer Puppy naming convention

Good save, crpgnut. I'm sure Suzi is thankful for the 8 great years you provided her.

Prissy for me. She just looks the part. ;) Anyway, what did you finally decide on?

We decided on Lucy. She seems to like it ='.'=

Had her about 2 weeks now, she seems like she's grown +25%! pretty amazing

yeah, read about that today. Grossed me the hell out actually.

The dog smelled the hillbilly's rotten friggen toe, that's all. Dogs eat gross things, it's what they do. If the guy fell over dead and nobody found him for a month, it probably would have left nothing but a skeleton. I really seriously doubt that his mutt sensed something amiss and decided to take matters into his own paws, out of some kind of love for his master or just "doing the right thing" w/ a little instinctual surgical practice. In my opinion, the thing probably smelled it everytime the guy walked in the room and was just waiting to get a shot at it.

I know dogs are smart, Lucy's amazing me w/ how fast she learns. But she also doesnt pass up the chance to gnaw on a dried cat turd if given the chance. Just sayin

The man is now sleeping with shoes and quit drinking…. and his life was saved. In other words this dog must be the best doctor on the entire planet.

Kind of gross, but it reminds me of the dogs who sniff out all sort of medical problems, cancer, etc. Why not. Dogs have levels of intelligence we do not, and which we do not give them credit for.

And yes, they also eat poop and all kinds of stuff that just makes me shake my head and wonder. But I don't think that's what's going on here. A dog doesn't just chew on his master's body for no reason and like I said, there are plenty of stories of dogs sussing out medical conditions, so this story maps on to those pretty well.

our first shot at grooming her turned out pretty well, it'll save us a lot of money bathing and clipping her ourselves. It wasnt as hard as we thought.

She was really calm during it, but total sprung monkey afterwards and was bouncing off the walls for seemingly hours!

Attachments

• lucy_groomed.jpg
    lucy_groomed.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 26
You did a really good job. She probably did better with you doing it versus a stranger anyway. :thumbsup:

yeah, part of our decision to do so was that last time they cut her little beard uneven. For 40.oo, they should be able to take the time to do it right.

Plus, we also have some concerns over how they handle her. You never know, I dont want some strangers abusing my puppy or anything. It gives us something else to do with her too, it was actually kinda fun!

Back
Top Bottom