New Star Wars movie gets 100% on Rotten Tomatoes

Han was an old, grizzled smuggler w/ street smarts. Luke was a complete dweeb for all but one scene in Episode IV. Rey reminds me of a protagonist in an RA Salvatore novel - the kind whose safety is never in jeopardy, who will overcome all odds with her hands tied behind her back… and all at a young age and without any training. An utterly boring main character.

I agree about the characters. To me, these films are all about the effects. Don't need people. Heck, I could watch a slideshow from space…

Similar to the Jurrassic Parks. Those films aren't exactly of brilliant artistic quality either. But as I use to say: A tyrannosaurus in San Diego IS a tyrannosaurus in San Diego. Scaring people. Eating dogs (I'm a cat person). Attacking buses. Dealing with the bad guy. Ah….

And that fight between the T. Rex and the Spinosaurus in number 3….

pibbur who has learned a new english word today: dweeb. To some degree the word applies to his taste in movies.

PS. What's a Mary Sue? DS.

What do you know a critic finally told the truth about The Force Awakens.

Link - http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/17/so-what-happens-if-you-dislike-star-wars.html

ALL of the critics told the truth. Those who loved it, those who found fault, and the very, very few who hated it.

The article you posted was a waste of time.

You're in delusion... If there had been very, very few there wouldn't be controversy... and there is ... a lot...

What did the film accomplish? I think it made us forget Phantom Menace, if only for a little while!! :)

Do mind that Phantom Menace had towards the ending one of the best choreographed fights in the entire series… In fact, when I got home after seeing Ep VII I watched it just to prevent going dumb

Do mind that Phantom Menace had towards the ending one of the best choreographed fights in the entire series… In fact, when I got home after seeing Ep VII I watched it just to prevent going dumb

you know so much of that fight was CGI, right? It was what I mentioned in the other thread when the actors are 3' away but are looking 10'.

--
On Rey being a Mary Sue, Luke was one too, at least in the first film. Rey's Mary Sueness is shattered by one major instant - her temptation by the dark side in her fight with her Cousin/Brother. Apparently its even more so in the book. Like most movies, the book is so much better.
--
Kylo Ren's doucheeness is also a side effect of the Dark Side don't forget. Fear, anger, even love - emotions are a big thing on that side of the Force. It also makes him seem vulnerable much like the Hunger Games 1st movie when even all the cool kids turn out to be kids deep down.

The Light is all about controlling emotions. That's why old Darth was so cold and calculating after all…

You're in delusion… If there had been very, very few there wouldn't be controversy… and there is … a lot…

There is no 'controversy ' ... You just might not like reality my which is:

Universal acclaim

94% 'fresh' on RT with only 20 out of > 300 rating below 6/10. The overwhelming majority of IMDB users rate it highly, 81% of Metacritic.

No conspiracy. No controversy. Simply Universal acclaim.

Controversy is a state of prolonged public dispute or debate, usually concerning a matter of conflicting opinion or point of view.

There is no 'controversy ' … You just might not like reality my which is:

94% 'fresh' on RT with only 20 out of > 300 rating below 6/10. The overwhelming majority of IMDB users rate it highly, 81% of Metacritic.

Edit: Image removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Controversy is a state of prolonged public dispute or debate, usually concerning a matter of conflicting opinion or point of view.

The movie isn't yet 2 weeks old, and as noted, there is a minute but incredibly vocal minority that is frothing and seething that anyone could dare like this movie.

Eventually they will chill out, and people will realize that it is just a movie. A 'popcorn flick' like the entire series, at that.

you know so much of that fight was CGI, right?

Parts of the terrain were CGI, not the actors. Liam, Ewan and the martial artist who played Darth Maul were real.

Eventually they will chill out, and people will realize that it is just a movie.

A 'popcorn flick' like the entire series, at that.

You need to grow up and stop wishing this was a good movie… Also Pop flick is typically something that sells but is thin on substance....so youre totally right with EpVII... We all know how this episode will be remembered, a mediocre ride that produced no long term effect on cinema.

I'll even , by good will, disregard the fact this is chronologically the third rehash of decades-old plot elements , that you swallowed for the third time and are liking it, like a real bitch. So I wont bash it as much as I should.

Agree 100%. The movie has nothing really memorable in it. 20 years from now people are not going to be quoting it like they still do for Empire Strikes Back.

The fact that Mike thinks Empire was a popcorn flick shows that he is just not a Star Wars fan and your not going to be able to convince him otherwise. Just let it be ;)

Err no. The user Metacritic score is 7.0. Which is significantly lower than all of the original trilogy.

What's "TL : DR"?
That's IMO and attempt to troll.
And a fail.
Because 99% of internet audience doesn't care about that particular "nonsense" abbr.

Can a moderator please edit the snuff gif posted a few posts earlier. While I think there are too many absurd taboos in life, the entire concept of snuff is repellent for reasons way beyond personal taste. If it's a screeny from a movie, done by special effects, then whatever, in the context of a movie you're prepared for watching special effects, but as a random gif in a thread about a PG movie it's out of context and just appears like someone is promoting snuff. I've noticed there's this guy on the codex called 'Blaine' who is obsessed with real-death-like images and posts a huge variety of snuff-like images as his 'thing', and I'd really appreciate it if this aspect of codex 'freedom' *cough cough* (read try-hard attention seeking) was not allowed to propagate itself. Many thanks. If I'm out of order on this, please feel free to let me know.

rofl. stop spreading liberal hypersensitive BS….. You're the only one getting offended by a fucking snapshot from a movie with fake blood… you gonna cry now because I posted a picture? hahaha well aren't you hard to appease… call the fucking president!

Last edited:
Play nice.

Can a moderator please edit the snuff gif posted a few posts earlier. While I think there are too many absurd taboos in life, the entire concept of snuff is repellent for reasons way beyond personal taste. If it's a screeny from a movie, done by special effects, then whatever, in the context of a movie you're prepared for watching special effects, but as a random gif in a thread about a PG movie it's out of context and just appears like someone is promoting snuff. I've noticed there's this guy on the codex called 'Blaine' who is obsessed with real-death-like images and posts a huge variety of snuff-like images as his 'thing', and I'd really appreciate it if this aspect of codex 'freedom' *cough cough* (read try-hard attention seeking) was not allowed to propagate itself. Many thanks. If I'm out of order on this, please feel free to let me know.

It was just a humorous post which hurts no-one, and which only the folk looking for some hidden agenda will find one. Most normal folk will just laugh at it or ignore it.

Christ what's next, calls for age restrictions on the Persona 3 threads?

Suicide is an immense tragedy,

LOL really dude.? .... Are you really pulling that card...... do you say this same BS when you kill kids in Fallout or watch a fucking movie? it isn't real for fuck sake...

pibbur who fucking needs a black humor sensor

It's not just people looking for a hidden agenda that will react to a gif like that. Suicide is an immense tragedy, and I can perfectly understand why people react to making fun of that, especially when it's out of context. No matter what the intentions were.

Personally I found it very tasteless. Whether I would ask for it to be deleted on my own initiative, I'm not sure. I tend to ignore them. But if someone asks for it, I have no problem supporting that.

pibbur

I respect your POV, but I'd say to anyone who's gunna get upset by such a pic that the answers lie within themselves, and that they concentrate on doing internal work to avoid getting upset by such things.

The world is full of far, far worse things and a bit of humour hurt no-one.

De-humouring the forum so that every posters needs are catered for will make it a far duller place IMHO. It was just a laugh. I don't see people begging for Persona 3 threads to be closed because of their summoning method.

Back
Top Bottom