NHL playoff contest

Pronger always had a bad temper once he got mad when he was on the Blues. He would take so many stupid penalties the fans wanted to kill him. His one game suspension will most likely just make him act up more.

I think game 4 is a must-win situation for the Ducks. If Detroit takes both games in Anaheim this series is over.

Go Wings!

The Quacks will fight back, just like the Sabres!! :)

Hopefully, you're as wrong about the Quacks as you were about the Sabres. What in the hell is up with Ottawa???

We'll see what happens with my WINGS tomorrow. A win and the Quacks will fold. *fingers crossed*

Woot! Go Ottawa. All the way now boys!

Stupid NBC. You do not cut away from an overtime game! Don't schedule a major sporting event like that. Tell Kentucky or where they run that horse race to run it 3 hours after! Have you ever heard of Tape Delay? Dog Food and Glue weren't even actually running yet when Ottawa scored. OT Hockey in the Playoffs is the biggest thing in sports for crying out loud!

It's better than that. Evidently, they cut away to show 75 minutes of rain delay stalling. The OT winner was scored 35 minutes after they switched over. They could have cut away during the intermission, said "Yep, still raining", showed the end of the game, and still had half an hour to see which horse took a crap before going into the gates. What a crock!

Wonder what Bettman will have to say about that.

Tune in to CBC instead!! :)

Haven't found a single word from Bettman about NBC.

Damn Wings...

I can't believe how Detroit dominated that game and still lost. Did you see how many shots they clanged off the goal post? It's like there were f***ing guardian angels watching over Anaheim during that game.

Finally, one of my teams has its nose in front!!

Surely you meant bill in front. Or what Corwin? You watched the whole Preakness hoping they'd cut back to the game?

Is it just me or is Giguere stuffing his uniform with pillows? Take a look at his caboose sometime. That's a pretty wide angle there around the logo. Its no wonder he can't catch anything and has trouble with rebounds.

Either way if they managed to get past Detroit if Ottawa managed to figure Buffalo then they'll do the same to Anaheim. You score on Anaheim by getting Gigure out of the net then going around/behind him. Shooting it off the boards is a good way to do that.

The Toronto media is trying to say Ottawa isn't being cheered by the rest of Canada. It will be great to see the Sens hoist it just to stick it to TO. :lol:

We're dragging out 2002 legends now (lost game 5 to the Crapalanche 2-1 in OT on a bonehead giveaway to Floppa, then spanked Patricia Wah 7-0 in the Statue of Liberty game and won game 7 enroute to hoisting the cup).

Still no comment from Bettman that I can find. I was a Bettman apologist for several years (re expansion, re lockout, re TV contract), but I've changed sides and I'm now calling for his head. Saying nothing about NBC's dump is worse than stepping up and admitting we took it in the can due to a lousy contract.

Here's one just for you, Lucky.
giguerecopyuh1.png

hahahaha!

I'm glad I've finally found someone else that agrees with me that Roy's big secret was his giant equipment. Theodore and Garth Snow proved their uselessness without it.

Bettman won't say anything. They won't acknowledge this happened anywhere but on forums and the columnists. Its possibly the biggest embarrassment this league has had in a long time. And it all stems from how much money NBC piad for the Preakness and how much they paid for NHL games (none).

However, the situation needs some context. NBC was to air a special on that amazing horse that won the Kentucky Derby a few years ago. I forget his name but they killed it to prevent it from winning so they could fix races easier because of a sudden injury. However, the NHL Playoff game was in OT ( I assume it was another Canucks Dallas thing) so all these 12 year old little rich girls called NBC complaining about a sport where they can't score. So..this time NBC did the opposite instead.

I noticed the next game (last Sunday's) NBC made a point of scheduling a Paid Programming then Newsweek program right after its 3 hour slot (VS schedules 2 hours for some reason).

Tom Goldman reports the NBC complaints in his Audio on Barbaro and the Kentucky Derby for NPR here.

Some dufus one wrote a Wikipedia article on it virtually copying the one on the Heidi Game here.

I did get to see a replay of the game today. I was in KY during the Derby and the most rabid horse fan would have loved for NBC to keep the game going and save them from the monotone descriptions of the rain, the ladies hats, and what horse won the derby for each of the past 133 years.

They even showed a repeat of how they make the blanket of roses to drape on the winner.:mad:

:cries: :tears: :sniff: :thumbsdown: :bigcry: :disappointed:
Well that sucks.

The only way Pronger should see the Cup is to buy a ticket to the Hall of Fame. Go Sens!

Nice cartoon. Would you believe the first jersey I bought was a Laffs one? I was a Doug Gilmour fan before I really understood the game and he was playing for Toronto. I saw the light after that season's playoffs, but Mrs dte still likes to give me a load of crap when we come across that sweater in the closet.

Don't laugh, I have Sharks jersy in the back of my closet. :lol:

Shouldn't we be picking the FINAL!!??!! I have a real problem here- I'd like a Canadian team to win, but being a die-hard, one-eyed, LEAFS fan, I cringe at supporting the Sens, my number 2 hate!! (Philly is number 1). I used to have the same problem growing up if Montreal was there, but the Leafs weren't (original 6 here). What a Dilemna!!!!

Back
Top Bottom