Obama - a troublemaker?

So, by putting guns into the hands of the people - they're less likely to be victims?

That has to be the DTE joke of the month ;)

well i personally like the Obama because i really believe that he is working for the benefit of poor

More Spy News. Interesting article on the congressional debate on reining in the NSA.

http://www.defenseone.com/politics/...enseone_today_nl?oref=d-interstitial-continue
"Any world leader who expresses shock at being spied on should immediately fall under suspicion by his or her own people for being dangerously naive," says John Arquilla, an intelligence expert at the Naval Postgraduate School.
Feinstein said neither she nor Obama was aware the NSA was collecting the communications of Merkel and other allied leaders

Everyone who didn't think that Merkel's private phone was bugged was dangerously naive.

People who get raped are dangerously naive to walk down a dark alley.

Ukrainians were dangerously naive to believe the Nazis had come to liberate them. People in the Middle East are dangerously naive to think that the US have come to help build democracy.

Thinking of more cases of obvious naivety 8)

I've heard the outrage might have been instrumentalized to get a bit more leverage on the American - German relationship, at least in terms of espionage and information sharing.

People who get raped are dangerously naive to walk down a dark alley.

What? And the people who get mugged are dangerously naive to carry money or the people who get murdered are dangerously naive to have been in the wrong place at the wrong time? :rolleyes:

I've heard the outrage might have been instrumentalized to get a bit more leverage on the American - German relationship, at least in terms of espionage and information sharing.

more from the article.
No country is in fact immune from American spying, excepting only Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom, four English-speaking countries with which Washington established the "Five Eyes" pact to share intel and not spy on each other, a rather quaint "gentleman's agreement" dating to 1946 (which may or may not be always observed).
Maybe Germany will join the "Five Eyes"?

I doubt it. I think this country has been too properly de-militarized to make an attractive partner with whom to see eye-to-eye on affairs of national aggression... I mean security.

Follow up time. Yes, it's the fault of Republicans and Bush, again...

The Obama administration released hundreds of pages of newly declassified documents related to National Security Agency surveillance late Monday, including an 87-page ruling in which the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court first approved a program to systematically track Americans' emails during the Bush administration.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/19/u...cludes-2004-ruling-on-email-surveillance.html

No, this passing of the blame game is getting boring!! :)

Hey, I'm not an American, it has NO impact on me. I'm just saying as a neutral outsider I'm finding it getting boring!! :)

Follow up time. Yes, it's the fault of Republicans and Bush, again…

I look at it this way - if one police officer who has made it is sworn goal to root our corruption and brutality comes across another cop beating up someone because they won't give kickbacks from their drug dealing business ... are they to be forgiven for joining in on the beatings because 'the other guy started it'?

Back
Top Bottom