Original Sin - Enhanced Edition Announced

I bet this Enhanched Edition is at least 1+ years away though :/

Nah, not gonna be that long. From the RPS interview:

RPS: We’ll talk more about this at Gamescom. When is release for the Enhanced Edition?

Vincke: Definitely this year. We have to go through all of the details for the console releases but it shouldn’t be too long.

Nah, not gonna be that long. From the RPS interview:

RPS: We’ll talk more about this at Gamescom. When is release for the Enhanced Edition?

Vincke: Definitely this year. We have to go through all of the details for the console releases but it shouldn’t be too long.

That's good to hear.. Been holding off for this version (even though i didnt know it was going to be called Enhanced Ed.) I guess it's not very likely they will have the time to implement any advanced features like NPC schedules in just ~6 months though.

I guess it's not very likely they will have the time to implement any advanced features like NPC schedules in just ~6 months though.

Well, they have been working on this pretty much nonstop since the game was released so it's more than six months of work but with only a fraction of the team, of course. However, I do not think that NPC schedules will make it in either as it seems like they had other priorities (the main one being to make the engine compatible with Mac, Linux, SteamOS etc. as Swen said and then creating all that new story content, of course).

As for their next game(s), it would definitely be nice though to get a game with NPC schedules, day/night schedules and -what I have never seen again since the 1990s- maybe even seasons of the year!
That would add a lot of atmosphere and if done right it should even affect gameplay like mountain passes becoming impassable in the winter time or wildlife like bears becoming more aggressive in the winter when prey is scarce. I'm sure that joxer would love that. He'd probably hide like a sissy all winter and only play in summer :) .

yeah if they've worked on implementing it they would have said it in the interview i think.. unless it's something they're not sure is going to work in the end, and they don't wan't to talk about it for that reason.

Seasons is something i'd really like to see too. Leaves gradually changing, one day you wake up and it's snowy outside etc. That would be really great.

I dearly love seasons, schedules, and daily cycles. They're beautiful and wonderful. I'm also very happy Swen cut them. That tells me he has his head on straight as a project manager and knows how to prioritize and ship games. If they don't make an appearance here I will neither be surprised nor unhappy.

Deep Silver will publish it here in Germany. Talked to an rep at the RPC.

THey are also publishing in Germany

- Pillars Of Eternity
- Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Edition + Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition
- Blood Bowl, which looks *very* good to me and it is fully turn-based !

Publishers. Not devs.
Freebies, cutouts or horse armor scandal decision is always on publishers.

You're correct, sir!

I meant "publishers" and, mistakenly, I wrote "devs".

So they reworked the story and changed the ending? That seems a bit baffling to me

Back
Top Bottom