Pathologic - Pathologic Classic HD announced - Isn't the Remake

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PCInvasion reports on the Pathologic Classic HD version being released soon. Its a retouched up version of the original game, not the remake that was kickstarted (which is still on its way).

Russian dev Ice-Pick Lodge have teamed up with Gambitious Digital Entertainment and General Arcade to remaster the original Pathologic and bring it to Steam, GOG, and the Humble Store. It'll have updated effects and graphics and cloud saves and - thank Christ - a completely re-done English translation, with re-recorded voice overs and reinstated dialogue. "Legible for the first time ever," apparently.

Hilariously, the update about this on the Pathologic remake Kickstarter page refers to this version as "Pathologic Classic HD: Now Comprehensible." To quote the page: "We are still not entirely sure as to how our English-speaking players have managed to enjoy the game at all; sometimes the dialogue of the original release made no sense." Presumably, this means that the Devotress/Changeling will actually be playable, because her plotline was utterly incomprehensible before.
Heres some video so you can see for yourselves.

More information.

I tried playing Pathologic years ago, but I could never get far because I didn't understand what the hell was going on. :)

I wonder if they used the same voice actors for the retranslation.

The original had some pretty damn funny dialogue. It reminded me of listening to kids that are taking english lessons in school but only speak native tongue at home. Some great meanings from terrible translations.

Back
Top Bottom