PC gaming IS dead...

Lots of games already mentioned (AoD, RPB, Purgatorio, Dragon Age, Mafia 2, Vampyre Story, Gray Matter, King's Bounty, White Gold, Alan Wake), but there are some other ones too:

- Totems - New action/adventure by the makers of Outcast, inspired by parkour (seems like that's the cool thing these days). Outcast was great, and if this one turns out anything like that I'll get it, but it was only one game, and it's been a while, so I'm slightly sceptical. I have no idea when it's coming out, but it should be worth watching. Here's a vid (doesn't show much).

- Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals - Adventure game based on the Nikopol trilogy by Enki Bilal? Oh yeah! Bilal + Benoit Sokal should at least make it pretty, and for some adventure games these days that seems to be enough...

- Lego Batman - I enjoyed Lego Star Wars, but I don't think I'll be rushing out to buy Lego Indy. Batman however I just can't resist! It should be a fun and family friendly shameless exploitation of licenses.

- The KotOR 2 restoration project - Seriously, they should get around to finishing this.

This site has a great list of upcoming games btw, plenty of interesting stuff there.

I really wish someone would make a *good* adaptation of the Enki Bilal comics... but that's gonna be extremely hard, and I'm not sure that Bilal/Sokal are the right people to do it -- they understand their medium wonderfully, but games are a completely different medium that requires a different way of thinking.

I'm looking forward to:

NWN2: Mystery of Westgate
NWN2: Deathstalker
NWN2: Time to die

Oooohh, can't think it through really but lists need more MMOs:

Warhammer Online
Warhammer Online
Warhammer Online
and maybe Warhammer Online too.

Well, this was definately one of my favourite titles... until I saw the beta. I know it's still beta and all, but my experience tells me that these guys are on the wrong track. They are trying to copy WoW, which is perfectly fine if you like WoW, but if you're trying to copy a certain concept then you really have to be extremly good at copying stuff. At the moment however WAR is light years away from WoW, not only when it comes to polish, but also from a technical point of view. PvP is simply not as dynamic as it is in WoW, it's sluggier, not as fast-paced... and that's a problem - if your focus is on pvp, it has to be perfect... WAR's concept is good on paper, but practically it's not really great... at least not yet. It will be interesting to see how the game develops.

Off the top of my head: Gothic IV, PB:s next game, Empire Total War, Mount & Blade, Drakensang, The Two Worlds sequel, the spiritual successor to Seadogs (though I'm crossing my fingers there given the horrible bugtesting history of Akella).

In all it makes for a fairly long list compared to 2007 and the first half of -08. Since 2006 I've been looking forward to and purchased Oblivion (bleh), M2TW, Pirates, G3, Railroads (by far the worst of the bunch), NWN2 (mild disappointment), Two Worlds, and FM2008. The only game I regret not getting is The Witcher. Most of these titles are 2006 releases.

Gothic 4
PB next game
Age of Decadence
Rise of the Argonauts (maybe)
Gothic 3 Add-on
And that is actually all coming too mind

1. NWN2: Storm of Zehir
2. Starcraft 2
3. Empire: Total War
4. The Witcher enchanced edition or however it's called

But yeah, it's not that much as I was waiting for two or more years ago... I think it may be a dark PC gaming times...

1. NWN2: Storm of Zehir
2. Starcraft 2
3. Empire: Total War
4. The Witcher enchanced edition or however it's called

But yeah, it's not that much as I was waiting for two or more years ago... I think it may be a dark PC gaming times...

I'm looking forward to "Plumbers don't wear ties 2".

Not such a short list, actually
- Galactrix, the PQ expansion if it goes PC, Deathbringer
- StarCraft 2
- Broken Hourglass, the indie that obviously has lost its spotlight these days
- NWN2 stuff - MoW, Storms of Zehir, Planescape thrilogy, Dark Waters series
- Age of Decadence
- Geneforge 5 and any other Spiderweb title that sees light of day before or after
- Civilization IV Colonization and the next phase of the Fall From Heaven mod.

Not Streetfighter, thanks, but still kudos for the tip-off.

Back
Top Bottom