Pillars of Eternity - Pax East Presentation

just saw the video now, i was wondering two things: saw the guys from party their health was coming up pretty fast, is there autoregen or were under some regen spell? and the second thing they said anything about the hud if that window in the low right where it shows the combat stats, can it be made bigger?

just saw the video now, i was wondering two things: saw the guys from party their health was coming up pretty fast, is there autoregen or were under some regen spell? and the second thing they said anything about the hud if that window in the low right where it shows the combat stats, can it be made bigger?
The combat log can be made bigger.

There is no autoregeneration but two health mechanics in the game. What you saw going up fast was your Endurance, it is your encounter health. After encounter it always fills up to its Max (and fighters regenerate it during combat as well). You also have Health points which are your daily resource and can only be recovered by resting, some potions and few feats (no spells recover it, spells only recover Endurance). When it goes down it also affects your Max Endurance. If your health goes to 0 your character gets a wounded status where next hit will kill him.
There is also an option where getting your character Health to 0 kills him instantly.

I think I'll ask the paladin chick out and take her to see Birdman ;)

Looks nice. Really like the text-adventure stuff, like the guy with no athletics skill twisting his ankle taking a big jump.

I also like the look of this. It's a nice way to make skills and attributes more relevant, outside of the bulk of fight/dialogue gameplay. It reminds me of the game books I read as a kid.

Back
Top Bottom