Pricewatch!

So I bought two DLCs for crusader kings 2. A day before they go on 75% sale :-(

Maybe you can get a refund in Steam.
Also, advise... NEVER buy Paradox DLCs for full price unless it's on release and you definitely can't wait. Sales come like every other week in one site or another.

Maybe you can get a refund in Steam.
Also, advise... NEVER buy Paradox DLCs for full price unless it's on release and you definitely can't wait. Sales come like every other week in one site or another.

I don't actually mind supporting the company. I played it for 15 hours in two days since I bought it. :)

It's just the timing...

Whew! On what planet does THAT pricing make sense?
It's what happens when zenimax/bethesda get their sticky finger on what they think will sell at any price...

I ROFLMAO when I looked at the DISCOUNTED price.

Looks like the few items of interest that I found this weekend have already been mentioned... That xenonauts bundle would've been nice but I've long since bought the 2 or 3 games(including xenonauts) that looked any good. Most of the rest of the bundles this week are garbage items.

Another thing that I've noticed maybe over the last year or so. There's been so much damned repackaging of bundles on steam that even though I own some of everything in the "new" bundle, or parts of it, it is NOT updated to reflect this.

Case in point, I own the "king arthur the roleplaying wargame collection". In one paradox bundle it reflects this, yet in another it's as if I do NOT own it. I've managed not to be bit by this yet, but if they continue this way I surely will.

Have any of you fallen for the rebundling yet?

Steam is doing a big Paradox sale. Pillars of Eternity and Cities: Skylines are 50% off. It looks like pretty much everything else is 75% or 80% off. Hearts of Iron, Magicka, Victoria, Crusader Kings, Sword of the Stars, Europa Univeraslis, and so on are all 75-80% off. DLC is on sale, too, which is a big deal for Paradox.

Edit: Ooops. <ahem> Forgot to hit the "next page" button before posting.

Cross-posting from Qt3:
--------------------------------

Something special for the chess players among us:
The BundleStars Timeless Bundle comes with Fritz for Fun 13. If you're in the market for a newish chess GUI, the ca. 2.50$ are a steal to get the still 2nd newest GUI by Chessbase.

Fritz is basically a training tool for more or less serious players. Fritz for Fun adds some mainstream gaming gimmicks, but nobody should care about them. After 5 minutes with the game I'm officially very happy, because I needed an affordable product which (1) can save my analyzed games, (2) runs on my netbook and (3) looks slick on a beamer.

Some functionality I think I have seen:
- engine: some Fritz 13SE plus mods for Chess960, etc. but that's unimportant because ...
- this is basically the Fritz 13 GUI, and the Fritz 13 GUI comes with an UCI interface to dock the engines of your choice ...
- which means you can plug in the latest Stockfish. Incredibly strong, free and it offers multiprocessor support. It will suck your 36-core Xeons 100% dry.
- basic DB functionality
- saving to a DB is possible. That's important - CB Light and all the demos out there can't do this.
- A small game DB is included.
- Free course: 1001 * Checkmate by GM Ftacnik. Old stuff, but hey, it's free and teaches what the name says.
- cloud analysis ... I'm not sure if it's free though
- endless analysis mode
- not veryfied: Fritz usually supports DGT boards and clocks.

The other games in the bundle aren't worth mentioning.

Cross-posting from Qt3:
--------------------------------

Something special for the chess players among us:
The BundleStars Timeless Bundle comes with Fritz for Fun 13. If you're in the market for a newish chess GUI, the ca. 2.50$ are a steal to get the still 2nd newest GUI by Chessbase.

BLA BLA BLA

The other games in the bundle aren't worth mentioning.

I too have been looking for a chess program via Steam and I just can't pull the trigger on the Regular Fritz. I did grab this bundle.

HOWEVER, the HOG Mountain Crime Requital has one of the best villain voice actors in gaming. And its not a bad HOG either, if you are into those types of games. And the story is better than most in the genre. Come on Gorath, play the game and then tell me I'm wrong. If I am, then I'll buy you a cup of coffee if you ever come to LA.

Last edited:
Lots of RPGs on offer in a Deep Silver weekend sale over at Steam. Risen, Sacred, Saints Row. Good times!

Lots of RPGs on offer in a Deep Silver weekend sale over at Steam. Risen, Sacred, Saints Row. Good times!
Skyrim is still on sale, too, as is Dishonored. Oh! And Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is 75% off. That's a heck of a game for just $5. Beyond Good & Evil is 75% off.

Grey Goo is free to play on Steam for the next 3 days & is also on sale for $19.99. Good price. I've never tried it, but I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Thanks for making me aware of that. I remember wanting to give Grey Goo a try. Downloading now...

The weekend sale at GOG includes some of the Metro and Fear games, some old Lovecraft adventure games, and the fantastic Clive Barker's Undying. That one's a must play for horror fans, and it's the perfect time of year for it!

Back
Top Bottom