Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny Remake - Released

"Where'd it go" is a pretty decent question, I think.

I think if you run a pretty standard operation where people turn up to the office every day and do their 9-5, you'll probably end up with something pretty much like Shadowrun on these funds. The thing is, that's not the kind of project I really want to fund on kickstarter. Would have funded ROA remake instantly...

Out of curiosity, do you think Wasteland 2 / Project Eternity / Torment are also going to be "9-5 office" projects? Or do you think they are different than Shadowrun in that regard?

Out of curiosity, do you think Wasteland 2 / Project Eternity / Torment are also going to be "9-5 office" projects? Or do you think they are different than Shadowrun in that regard?

Wasteland 2 is looking good from all indications so far, Brian Fargo appears to understand how to leverage the available cash to best effect. I'm not sure about project Eternity, but their updates are promising. Tides, too early to consider. I think just one or a few inspired individuals can make the difference and enthusiam is infectious.

People need to not fall for the hype in the kickstarter campaigns, and realistically temper their expectations by kickstarter funding levels that are far less than most titles.

People need to not fall for the hype in the kickstarter campaigns, and realistically temper their expectations by kickstarter funding levels that are far less than most titles.

amen, fork over 10 grand on a kickstarter for a nice dinner party with the dev's? do you then get 10000 dollars worth of product? my ass, get real folks. nobody told you to fork over the cash. enjoy what you deserve.

So, your thinking is that the final game would have been the same if all of the 36,275 Kickstarter backers had paid the "standard purchase" of $15 to get the game (resulting in a total funding of $544,125), vs the actual situation in which they all paid an average of $50.63, resulting in $1.836M? That's certainly an...interesting position.

Nah, the reality is that everyone got far more product because the Kickstarters all paid $50 instead of $15 or $20. Given what we did get, though, I'm just really curious what the product would have been if they'd only gotten the $400K they asked for.

It's not a strawman at all. cptbarkey defended Shadowrun Returns' short length earlier by saying it was only a $20 game. In reality, 36K people pre-paid $50 for it, and sure you can argue that they didn't have to, but the reason they did pay $50 for it was to make it a bigger and better game. So if you're arguing that the reason it's short is because it's a $20 game, you're completely ignoring the extra $1.1M that people "donated" to the cause.

Yeah, I wrongly phrased that last post. Didn't really mean length myself, the term used earlier by me was "little game". Though cptbarkey did bring up length, so perhaps it's accurate.

I don't know if the game (SRR to be specific, remember this thread is about RoA remake) should have been longer or not, all I know is that I paid $20 and I consider myself satisfied with the results for what I paid (and that's not even considering there's another campaign coming, plus user created content)

Well, if all you think you got from the campaign for Shadowrun was the one campaign then I think you kind of don't really know anything. You get the editor and the expansion for whatever you backed...I backed 20 bucks...that isn't much more then a large pizza. Stop that stupid argument about how much some people paid.

0.3, yeah this is much better;)

It's not a strawman at all. cptbarkey defended Shadowrun Returns' short length earlier by saying it was only a $20 game. In reality, 36K people pre-paid $50 for it, and sure you can argue that they didn't have to, but the reason they did pay $50 for it was to make it a bigger and better game. So if you're arguing that the reason it's short is because it's a $20 game, you're completely ignoring the extra $1.1M that people "donated" to the cause.

and tell me exactly how much people "get" in return for donating to red cross. i'll bet your the type who expects a church to cowtow to every whim when you put your 5 bucks in the plate too eh?

So wait, expecting Kickstarter money to be spent on developing the game is too much to ask for now? You're incredible.

Not sure why Shadowrun fanboys are pointing at RoK as if it somehow makes SRR better than what it is. There's no connection.

Not sure why Shadowrun fanboys are pointing at RoK as if it somehow makes SRR better than what it is. There's no connection.

If you could follow a conversation it's because Roq keeps doing it and defending this game.

Fanboys…you tell it George, you bring the pain.

Back
Top Bottom