Replaying Might and Magic VII

Regarding haste:
Yes, it weakens the characters when it's over. However, you can re-cast haste before it ends, refreshing the duration. I personally do that whenever I'm nearing a series of tough fights, and then let it end when the fighting is over.

I just completed MM7, so I'll be playing MM6 now. I think I found the reason why it felt so easy - haste seems to have been fixed. It used to be bugged from what I know. When all the GM skills (low recovery time etc) are multiplied by GM Light casting Hour of Power, you get a redicilous speed. I was hitting and shooting like a machine gun near the end, decimating everything (including druids) within a few seconds.

It was significantly easier than a four-dragon party in MM8, and that says a lot...

Nice, I'll probably use the updated patch for my MM8 playthrough.

As for MM6.. I can see now that I was indeed confusing the difficulty of MM7 with 6 - even though I have a fairly melee heavy party (Knight, Paladin, Cleric, Sorcerer), I stand no chance at all in melee unless the opponent is a mage or similar. The packs are just too big, so I have to kite them around while shooting arrows at them.

Still, good fun!

MM6 there's really little point for melees later. I'm currently running a game (I got sidetracked from MMVII) with a Cleric, 3 Sorcerers. Fire Bolt handles most everything quite well, early on.

Each Sorcerer specializes in different skills. The only common skills right now are mediation, dagger, bow, and fire magic. My Cleric, having 1 more magic skill than the sorcs, handles the disarm duties.

Quick question: Is there any way at all to avoid instant-death-effects in MM6? In MM7, you can use GM Protection from Magic to avoid such effects. In MM6 the spell offers no such protection.

Just hit the pyramid, expecting quite a fight. So far, the heaviest was Castle Darkmoor, but mainly because they constantly dispel - I rely heavily on Hour of Power, Day of Protection and Day of the Gods.

Back
Top Bottom