Reynatis - Interview

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Creative Producer Takumi, Scenario Writer Kazushige Nojima, and Composer Yoko Shimomura discuss the action RPG Reynatis:

Reynatis Interview

[...]

---- First, could you tell us about the concept and theme for REYNATIS?

TAKUMI The concept for REYNATIS is "suppression and liberation." The game's story, world, and music are all designed to convey the strain of suppressing yourself and the joy of letting yourself be free.

The theme is "people who find it difficult to live with the pressure to conform." For example, I think standing out is looked down upon in Japanese culture, and the concept of sameness is highly regarded. I personally have distinctive hair colors and clothes, so I'm often looked at with curiosity. I'm sure that there are people who have experienced something similar just for having a different way of thinking, or preferences that don't align with others. Because of this, they won't express their individuality.

This title is an antithesis to that aspect of Japan's culture and way of thinking. It includes the desire for everyone to express their individuality more, and offers support to those who want to express their individuality but are unable to.

---- I see. And what is the meaning behind the name REYNATIS?

TAKUMI It is based on two different words. First, in Latin, "renatus" means "birth," or "rebirth." In Spanish, it can mean both "king" and "birth," so it holds the meaning of a "born king." As you play the story, you'll understand the meaning behind "birth" and "rebirth." REYNATIS as a title was a result of combining all of these things. In addition, the word itself has a significant meaning when it appears in the game.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Back
Top Bottom