RIP Neil Armstrong

Yes, very said. I'll always remember the moon landing and his small giant step.

pibbur

Very sad indeed. I remeber being sent home from school to watch. I also had the pleasure of hearing him speak for about an hour on many topics including the moon landing a few years ago - very impressive.

I was born later that year.

Also born later, but as a kid I read all I could about the Apollo program. And now, so many years later, and with any smartphone having more computer power than the Apollo on-board computer, we can't even do this anymore, and putting a man on Mars is still far away too. Sad. At least we have Curiosity.

R.I.P., Neil Armstrong

Yes, at least he could witness that. Because, at least in my opinion, it is a milestone. (I mean the vehicle.)

This thread makes me feel young. I wasn't even a gleam in my father's eye yet when that took place. Read a lot about him in school though.

Rather of the Age of Aquarius. ;)

No, I was just referring to Hair.

My parents were married on the 5 year anniversary and I got to be in DC for the 20th. Noble man, will be missed. Hopefully we can follow in his footsteps sooner than later with new extraplanetary deeds of wonder.

You don't know the musical called "Hair", do you ?

I watched the landing and walk on my 9th birthday. It was the best birthday gift ever!

Great ! :D

Back
Top Bottom