Risen 3: Titan Lords - New Trailer Released

I like the constant, intentional lack of reference to Risen 2. It wasn't awful, but I thought I was a significant step down from Risen 1. If this is as good a Risen 1 I'll be quite pleased.

Also, they need to knock it off with the day 1, on disc, DLC.

Not gonna happen. They have already confirmed that the game will only ship with all DLC included if you buy the first (day one) edition, the CE or the SE or preorder on Steam. Later/cheaper/post-release editions will not necessarily include the DLC.

If anyone is interested in moar vidz:

- German Gamestar Demon Hunter video
- German Gamestar Magician video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEJ8FHyPYEM

Not gonna happen. They have already confirmed that the game will only ship with all DLC included if you buy the first (day one) edition, the CE or the SE or preorder on Steam. Later/cheaper/post-release editions will not necessarily include the DLC.

If anyone is interested in moar vidz:

- German Gamestar Demon Hunter video
- German Gamestar Magician video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEJ8FHyPYEM

That stinks. I don't connect my consoles to the Internet (for privacy and other reasons), so that basically means I can't play content on disc that I paid for.

That stinks. I don't connect my consoles to the Internet (for privacy and other reasons), so that basically means I can't play content on disc that I paid for.

OK, to be clear: I do not know for sure whether DS (the publisher) has opted for a system where it is required to be online for unlocking any DLC. This might very well NOT be the case. It may very well be that you just need to enter the key that is included with your boxed version to unlock the DLC that is stored on the disc. Not sure how they're doing it on a technical level. You may want to check back with others who care once the game has been released.

Wow, they sure know how to talk the talk! I hope they can still walk that walk. My only worry is that it's a last-gen game so it's going to have to fit inside those little consoles. (Well, that and the boar I saw walking along mid-way through the video. PB's boars are death incarnate.)
Well, that's German. We don't hear very often that foreigners love our language. ;)
Oder bist du auch deutschsprachig?
German is great in the winter! If you're getting over a cold and need to clear your throat, just make the right word choices and you're set! AccccccccchhTUNG!

Yeah, most of the "English" system is pretty horrible. Fahrenheit, however, rocks. 0 isn't where water freezes, it's where salt water freezes - which means you need to move from careful driving to white knuckle driving. 100 is where you go from, "wow, it's pretty hot" to "I'm staying inside!"

cmon vurt you're angry because Risen 3 looks impressive and doesn't need gfx mods like… Y'know. :p ;)

Guys, anyone wants to see Angry Joe review on Risen 3? I would very much like so.
He hated every single bit of R1&2. :D

That's because angry joe is a poser. Not to put on my Codex pants, but that boy has all the CRPG pedigree of a child just getting off of their BioWare training wheels.

I know whenever someone tells me in a game/forum/chat that they watch Angry Joe they are a bottom feeder not worth getting to know.

Sometimes I think I was the only person who got really immersed in Risen 2, I thought it was great and I played it before they added dodging mechanics. The only part that was fairly bad was the rushed boss fight at the end that didn't really develop her personality at all.

Well, color me cautiously optimistic about this one! Still not pre-ordering until I see reviews though.
You can definitely tell it's a PB game... Day/night cycles, NPC schedules, the extensive crafting, open world (and, no Bethesda type loading screens to go into houses!), ... Looks yummy! :D

Surprised to not see the Inquisition return? Was this already known, and is there a lore reason for it?
I've only played R1 (up until half-way) and didn't touch R2 yet, so I might be missing some story elements.

That's because angry joe is a poser. Not to put on my Codex pants, but that boy has all the CRPG pedigree of a child just getting off of their BioWare training wheels.

I know whenever someone tells me in a game/forum/chat that they watch Angry Joe they are a bottom feeder not worth getting to know.

Well sorry for me being a bottom feeder then!

Unlike codex pants, Angry Joe makes a show, does it well, it's hilarious and I adore watching it although usually completely disagree with his x/10.
Oh wait, let me rephrase it. Unlike codex pants, instead of annoying repetitive toxicness, Angry Joe is funny and creative. What a bastard.

[EDIT]
Completely forgot. Bioware training? Hun, unlike codex, watch has no prejudices. Even on Angry Joe. And if this is Bioware training, then I'm queen mother of England:

If that's not clear enough for you, take a peek also on his Dragon Age for phones input.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNeQ3Kq0IR0
Bioware trained him well, riiiight.

The word is that in order to get DLC on nongerman copies you have to register/activate the game. German retail game is said to be DRMfree and includes all three DLC. It's all still a rumor.

But I don't have problems with day1 DLC. I have a problem with gamechanging DLC that is released weeks or months after the game got out that is not a separate content/story but changes the game. Because Risen 3 didn't go that path (in fact I got an answer on official DS board no more DLC are planned apart from day1/preorder ones)…

Well, color me cautiously optimistic about this one! Still not pre-ordering until I see reviews though.
I'm preordering.

Last edited:
Um.. that flaming mace at the heroes belt does not burn his pants?

It probably does. But he has balls of steel! :D

I love PB games but one thing which annoys the hell out of me is the lack of female NPC in their game world. I just watched that 10 minute trailer and I did not see a single female NPC! They pay great attention to details in their world build but fail miserably in this regards.

When I am playing their game I always wonder how people reproduced in their world. I means its like 10 male NPCs per every 1 female NPC lol

I don't recall a strong lack of women in the Risen games? Maybe they weren't all over the place, but that seemed quite appropriate given the harsh "man's world" nature of the setting.

Gothic had a very good reason for not having a lot of women (it's a prison), but I believe we've been through that.

I am not expecting strong female NPC etc, I just found that its bit odd that female NPCs aren't there even as "window" dressing. Even though Risen had Patty, it still felt like a world where there are more men than women. it sort of felt as though the men in PB's games are not interested in women! I hope I am making sense lol

Take the Witcher games, its harsh man's world but there were plenty of female NPCs and some of them were pretty interesting characters who had a major role in the story/world.

I am not expecting strong female NPC etc, I just found that its bit odd that female NPCS aren't there even as "window" dressing. Even though Risen had Patty, it still felt like a world where there are more men than women.

Take the Witcher games, its harsh man's world but there were plenty of female NPCS and some of them were pretty interesting characters who had a major role in the story/world.

I didn't really keep track.

Can anyone confirm the Risen games have very few female NPCs walking around?

My (always quickly) fading memories confirm the lack of women.

Back
Top Bottom