ROA: Blade of Destiny Launch

From the steam site and the discussion there i gathered that the steam version is a dual-language version. But I have not yet installed it. I can tell you more tonight hopefully.

No it's not a language problem it's from start big blocking bugs. A very awful release. Eat food make you hungry… seriously. In level up screen you can just lost your attribute point. I didn't bother push further but those who tried combats also got totally blocking bugs.

I'm more the guy tempted to help those in troubles, but here, it's too much and it seems spread among indie dev, don't buy this game that would be a wrong signal to indie dev.

... and disappearing save games, and more fairly serious bugs each time I look. Oh well, will check patch after work.

… and disappearing save games, and more fairly serious bugs each time I look. Oh well, will check patch after work.

Mmm there's already a patch released and it changed not much. About save games there many existing save game in the release, that's so amateurish, it' s a detail but perhaps a significant detail.

Myself I don't believe it will be a game playable before at least one month and probably quite more.

It seems there are two workarounds for the savegame problem:

1) Keep the default file name and just add a number to it.

or

2) Start a new game, then load your old savegame.

Mmm there's already a patch released and it changed not much. About save games there many existing save game in the release, that's so amateurish, it' s a detail but perhaps a significant detail.

Myself I don't believe it will be a game playable before at least one month and probably quite more.

It's amateurish cos they are amateurs ... and noone slipped them $2m on kickstarter. Sure they messed up the release, but if they fix it in a month I'll forgive them :).

It's amateurish cos they are amateurs … and noone slipped them $2m on kickstarter. Sure they messed up the release, but if they fix it in a month I'll forgive them :).

Mmm I started suspect they made some psychedelic experiences, graphic artists made the programing, testers did the graphics and developers did the tests, more or less something like that. Perhaps it's supposed to open their mind.

It's amateurish cos they are amateurs … and noone slipped them $2m on kickstarter. Sure they messed up the release, but if they fix it in a month I'll forgive them :).

Gee I'm sure that's why they screwed it up...what a silly concept. I guess this is your new crusade.

In level up screen you can just lost your attribute point.

That's a legit game mechanic. It is a random chance you increase the point the higher your current score the less the chance.

Gee I'm sure that's why they screwed it up…what a silly concept. I guess this is your new crusade.

Crusade? Maybe they should have made it an MMO and have someone who's been to space on the team… People in persistent glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

They're not amateurs, but it's their first big PC game. They're now learning the hard way that a PC RPG is a different beast than a simple browser or mobile game.

German manual was released

Including:

Get 'em! ;)

[Link and List of beta testers removed. I apparently understimated the stupidity and aggressivness of the internet. My apologies]

Last edited:
lol, just got my first warning for suggesting there was no beta test. They sure know how to build a customer base :biggrin:

edit: the manual is light on the nitty gritty but I gleaned a few things:

- some spells seem to have "modern" names

- ranged combat still only works in the four cardinal directions

the one "new" combat feature I know about, cover, doesn't seem to be mentioned at all

Crusade? Maybe they should have made it an MMO and have someone who's been to space on the team… People in persistent glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Yeah, keep up the crazy.

They've missed a big chance. They should have "kickfinished" the game. Ask for 50k, collect pre-orders, build hype and make a beta for all who pledged.

They've missed a big chance. They should have "kickfinished" the game. Ask for 50k, collect pre-orders, build hype and make a beta for all who pledged.

Yeah, totally agree. I'm sure they'd have got at least 50k to buy themselves a few months of breathing space and lots of enthusiastic people to test it too. Maybe their relationship with UIG, whatever that is, prohibited that though.

Back
Top Bottom