RPGWatch Feature - ELEX Gamescom First Look

From this preview it's basically a Gothic/Risen game with another skin. Which I guess is good (those games were fun) and bad (same old systems).

At least, they don't just have a post-apoc desert setting, that's a plus. I love forest overtaking machinery…

As I thought…

And afaik you really misunderstood the name. It shouldnt be the Elves. It should be (das) Albs. Which means a "nightmare".
Albs degenerated by consuming Elex too much and became threat to all other factions. So I assume that they are actually an equivalent of Shadows from Risen 3. Also the idea that you should get in touch with all factions and then choose one of them in the story is ala Risen 3. And being former member of Albs wont make the hero "welcomed guest" amongst ppl. :)
Thanks, corrected it.

At least, they don't just have a post-apoc desert setting, that's a plus. I love forest overtaking machinery…

+1.

Ive travelled to some amazing places in this world where nature has taken over and is slowly eroding the forgotten buildings etc. The atmosphere in some of them is incredible. There is awe at the slow power of nature when you witness a vine shattering 12 inches of concrete or a tree ripping the roof off a house after growing thru the floor.

One day I'd like to visit Calakmul, Palenkue, or Tikal.

Check out Angkor Wat sometime
Ta-Prom-the-Tomb-raider-temple.jpg

angkor-436_640.jpg

Angkor-Wat-in-Cambodia_Ta-Prohm-Temple_10886.jpg

+1.

Ive travelled to some amazing places in this world where nature has taken over and is slowly eroding the forgotten buildings etc.

Last of Us, did an amazing job at that... in certain segments of the game, at least.
Will be interesting if Bethesda learned any lessons there, considering how Fallout III was poorly designed in that regard.

Check out Angkor Wat sometime

I think that such long journey is not needed. ;)

Treehouse in Turin:

H7jKl6r.jpg

Or if you are from America… you know that building. Its Empire Christmas Tree… or something like that. :lol:

empire-state-building-morphing-into-christmas-tree-elaine-plesser.jpg

Back
Top Bottom