Console exclusives coming to PC

It seems to work well for that port. Can't wait to try it out.

Geez, look at those numbers for Helldivers 2.

It's sad how underappreciated Days Gone is, but I don't think it was properly promoted.

Is that for all regions? If so, I'd be curious to see a breakdown of where Tsushima sold most. I suspect the setting and dual-language voice acting gave it a boost in Asian regions and total sales.

Last edited:
Geez, look at those numbers for Helldivers 2.

It's sad how underappreciated Days Gone is, but I don't think it was properly promoted.

Is that for all regions? If so, I'd be curious to see a breakdown of where Tsushima sold most. I suspect the setting and dual-language voice acting gave it a boost in Asian regions and total sales.
I'm not sure what site this is, but I assumed it was global. On Steam, it's currently #2 or 3 top-seller in several regions, but it's only #25 in the most played list (though above Helldivers 2). We'll see how it does in a few weeks.

Days Gone is really good; didn't it have any success when it was out?

Not enough for a sequel unfortunately.
That's too bad.

Heh. I've read on the studio's Wikipedia page that Jeff Ross (game director) and John Garvin (game writer) left the studio in 2020, and it doesn't look like the ambiance was top-notch.
Bend Studio's first original intellectual property (IP) after Syphon Filter was Days Gone, released in April 2019 for the PlayStation 4. Garvin and the game's director, Jeff Ross, left the studio by December 2020. However, Garvin claims the company fired him for having "a disruptive personality". Bend Studio has distanced itself from Garvin after his complaint on Twitter where he blamed "woke" reviewers for the middling critical reception of Days Gone. As of June 2021, the studio is working on a new IP that builds on the open-world systems from Days Gone. On June 7, 2022, Bend Studio unveiled their new logo.
and about the game sales:
Ross claimed that the game sold over eight million copies, yet was treated as a "disappointment" by local studio management. This was in response to the announcement that Ghost of Tsushima, another SIE first-party game (developed by Sucker Punch Productions), had sold over eight million copies. The sales numbers provided by Ross were disputed as they were based on a PlayStation Trophy data tracking site. Ross went on to say that whilst at Bend Studio he saw Days Gone sell over five million copies, the tracking site at the time suggested 5.8 million copies sold.

Yeah sorry to say this but fuck Sony almost as bad as Microsoft.🖕

In what world is more then five million sales considered a failure?

It's the same crap excuse every Japanese game publishers uses.

Last edited:
Yeah sorry to say this but fuck Sony almost as bad as Microsoft.🖕
Not even close. At least Sony publishes plenty of masterpieces. Even if they sometimes screw up, with Days Gone and Bloodborne. By not providing sequels or ports (BB ;))
But otherwise, solid game after solid game. Which is much more than I can say for Microsoft .... Hellblade? Pentiment? ... And a few others 15 years ago on the xbox360.

My Sony fanboy radar is beeping loudly right now with these comments. :rotfl:

Heh. I've read on the studio's Wikipedia page that Jeff Ross (game director) and John Garvin (game writer) left the studio in 2020, and it doesn't look like the ambiance was top-notch.
It makes you wonder if there's any truth to some of the things they said. The aggregate critic score for Days Gone is only 71% which is almost suspiciously low. Anyone who's played it knows it's much better than that. Fwiw, the user-score on Metacritic is 8.5/10, and it's 92% positive on Steam.

Last edited:
Interesting article on Sony Interactive Entertainment's new CEOs and their respective strategies. It's written by Joost van Dreunen, the author of One Up.

EDIT: It's funny to see that the Californian HQ is split now, since it was the product of a restructuration in 2016 that integrated Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Entertainment Network (respectively console business and digital media service).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom