Shadow of Mordor - Play as Lithariel in a Free DLC

Aubrielle

Noveliste
A new free DLC for Shadow of Mordor gives you the chance to play as Lithariel, Warrior Leader of the Resistance.

power-of-defiance-shadow-of-mordor-dlc.jpg

Shadow of Mordor has gotten itself a new DLC pack today, and happily it’s quite free. In the Power of Defiance DLC pack, you can play as Lithariel thanks to a new skin, undergo a new challenge, and receive an epic rune.

The new challenge obtained through playing as Lithariel, the Warrior Leader of the Resistance, is the Test of Defiance. Taking on this challenge strips you of your ability to enter wraith-mode or save the game, nor can you retreat from a battle. Lithariel has one life, and you must make the best of it to kill 6 Warchiefs and 15 captains. However, if you equip the new Epic rune “Defiant to the End,” you’ll have one extra shot to take care of business before saying good-bye to life.

The Power of Defiance DLC is free for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It’s available now to download.
More information.

More information.

Ha, I love this! When the game first came out, a female gamer asked a very simple question on the Steam forums; can you play as a female? As you can imagine, the idiots came out of the woodworks in droves. She was –idiotically- accused of misandry, being a “femenazi”, and threatened in all sorts of subtle and not so subtle ways.

As someone who’s strongly prejudiced against stupidity, I had to jump in on the side of reason. Since this was a bastardization of Tolkien’s work, there wasn’t a reason the character couldn’t be one gender or the other. The response was that it was Talion’s story, and that a female protagonist wouldn’t make sense. As you can imagine, some of the idiot’s heads are exploding in response to this news. Of course, if she were in a thong and pasties, none of these jackasses would be complaining.

Had my eyes opened with the release of “Asscreed Liberation”. As someone of heavily mixed (black/white) ancestry, I was excited to play as a character of similar background in a historical setting… even if it were in an Asscreed game. The fact that the character was of the opposite gender had no bearing on the matter.

Having a dark sense of humor, I ventured over to the steam forums to take a gander at what I figured would be a bunch ignorant, and bigoted comments. While there was a bit of that, to my genuine surprise, the vilest responses were misogynistic in nature. When did fear and hatred of women become fashionable again? Completely blew my mind.

I was on the fence with “Shadows”, as the game play looked to be a bit repetitive. The toxicity on the Steam forums drove me away. Might actually have pick it up now, if for no other reason than to thumb my nose at the stupid.

Wish I could. Unfortunately, real life issues would make it impossible at this time. Besides, even though I’m a long term lurker, I’ve only just started to post. I’d rather defer to more experienced members. Once I figure out if I can make a donation without having to create a Paypal account, I’ll support the sight that way… The dollar/euro exchange rate is going to make that fun. Could be worse, the dollar/pound…

Lest I be accused of being off topic… I realize that this thread is far enough down the page that few will probably read it, but I was curious as to whether or not Lithariel had her own opening, or if Talions’ was still used? I’m currently obsessed with The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, and always thrown off a bit when the animated snippets feature Isaac instead of the character I’m playing.

Can you play the whole game as this new character? I guess not based on the summary. My wife like the game but she doesn't like playing male characters so she gave up few hours.

Ha, I love this! When the game first came out, a female gamer …. if for no other reason than to thumb my nose at the stupid.
One of the main reasons, the Witcher games fail.

I have no problem with a fixed sex if it fits the game - the Witcher is based on the books, and as far as I know all witchers are all male. I would never NOT buy a game because of something like this. If you want a game which is not restricted like this, look to an appropriate IP. I certainly don't think the Witcher "failed" either - people who did complain were more unhappy about having to play as a witcher (odd, since the game is called...wait for it!..."the Witcher"!

Back
Top Bottom