Shaker - "Mercy killing"

Okay, whatever. Their Kickstarter is DEAD. I suppose that would count as the ultimate satisfaction for me and utmost grief for you guys who must be big fans of Brenda B-who and Tom Hall.

I'm made my points. I move on. It's not like if you guys keep arguing, that would make a difference and magically revive the dead Kickstarter or conjure up $1 mil for them. The thing is DEAD. You guys can keep crying and whining and blaming everyone and bitching everyone else who doesn't support the project, but that's not gonna change a darn thing. The Kickstarter is still dead.

'nuff said.

Nope, it's dead and I hope the relaunch it with a better layout and try again. I want to play more rpg's, funny that. And if it is anything like wizardry 8 then I would be happy. How anyone can call themselves a fan of rpg's and not play that game.

You and thrasher should become friends you are very similar.

I definitely see the point ktchong is trying to make - their names alone just aren't enough to secure a large backing by themselves, unlike Obsidian, Tim Schafer and so on. In fact, such people are involved in most KS projects I consider backing, and I back them because I believe they'll actually deliver.

I definitely see the point ktchong is trying to make - their names alone just aren't enough to secure a large backing by themselves, unlike Obsidian, Tim Schafer and so on. In fact, such people are involved in most KS projects I consider backing, and I back them because I believe they'll actually deliver.

I also think ktchong made a valid point and I don't quite understand the vitriol with which some people have responded to him. I too am playing RPGs since the late 80s, and the names Brenda Brathwaite & Tom Hall didn't ring any bells when I first heard of them. Of course I could be an outlier, but somehow I doubt it. And when you're trying to collect a million bucks from people it all comes down to having an awesome pitch, or being extremely popular. Since the Kickstarter failed we can assume neither of the two was the case.

Didn't know it, but Shaker is cancelled. No need to worry much, there will be another campaign soon:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-brathwaite-and-tom-hal/posts/332306#comments

I didn't back that project (and wrote why), but still it's sad news. Since I do respect both Brenda and Tom, especially now when they opted to cancel the project instead of gambling to see if it'll succeed in the end, I promise I'll back the next project even if it's just revamped Shaker.

Back
Top Bottom