Skyrim Skyrim PC screens

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Yeah… that's exactly what I'm doing. :rolleyes:

listen, if you have a problem with what I said, report me and a Mod will deal with it, if it is trolling as you said. You have no rights to say what can and can't be discussed. So run along unless you want to discuss the games.

As much as I've enjoyed this little spat, but I think it's time to call a truce and either talk about the PC screenshots of Skyrim again or you guys can start PMing each other. Either one or both is fine with me.

And guys enough with the snide little remarks. They're annoying.

180px-NoFunAllowed.jpg

Damn straight! Now cut that shit out and talk about something that is really fun like……………PC Screens????

I see your point, still it ends now and they can have their "fun" in a more intimate setting like PMing. They need to hug-it-out :manhug:

LMAO!!!!! Awesome! No words could do that pic justice in this thread.

Yeah - it's all been said. Grow up, hug and watch Sammy's pic.

I feel that Risen 2 just doesn't compare graphically with the new rpg's comming out. And thats fine, but it is a statement of fact.

I think some people need to re-learn the difference between fact and opinion. One person feeling item A looks 'better' than item B is completely subjective. Someone can think scribble scrabbles on a piece of paper look better than the Mona Lisa. It doesn't have to make any sense at all to you and you can think they are completely out of their mind and that's fine, but that is their perception and you can't disprove an opinion. It is neither right nor wrong, it just is.

A fact would be something like saying that Skyrim had a higher budget than Risen, and then citing sources to back up that claim.

Speaking of modders, expect a lot of bugs at Skyrim in XBOX 360. I did read some months ago, when I played Oblivion, that they DIDN'T include the fixes in X360, but only in PC. Nobody could pass the fixes to X360 due of various reasons.

I even had a hard time to pass through them, while I completed each mission, especially the Fighter and Mage Guilds. ¬_¬

finally...and they look fine. Is this a high spec rig? tesselation? bump/parallax mapping etc etc? Don't see much evidence of fancy graphics techniques. The backdrops are much better than oblivion, undoubtedly. Can't tell much from static images though - I'm very sensitive to LOD/popping artifacts, so that will be the things I'm most hoping is gone. Guess I'll know tomorrow

finally…and they look fine. glorious

Is this a high spec rig? tesselation? bump/parallax mapping etc etc?

Since January, Todd has confirmed no tessellation for Skyrim.

The game uses DX11 optimization features but no DX11 eye candy features. So it will run faster on a DX11 card, but no tessellation.

Here are some more:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6053/6332208506_dc8f80db6e_o.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6235/6331457051_fc87b8483e_o.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6214/6331461201_98741a47b7_o.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6095/6331463617_df7d4fcf0b_o.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6106/6331465615_6579bd3b0a_o.jpg

Even if that is just high settings, that looks way damned better than all the console footage we've been privy too combined!

I'd call those screenshots fair. Compared to Risen they look slightly more detailed in modeling but textures are a bit uneven. A lot of harsh blocky edges for objects too. Character models remind me of Fallout 3.

ok, so higher end PC gfx card features are not really being exploited .That is a bit sad. I like the open vistas though. DX11 optimization is very vague… but there are certainly pixels shader tricks you can use to improve silhouettes/shading in a game that makes heavy use of textures. Once I get to play I'll crank the settings to max and look more carefully.

NOTE: I'm not making a judgement on gameplay, just a visual assessment based on these PC pics. Graphics is a hobby/research area - I'm curious to see what they did.

Not sure what exactly you guys were expecting but those PC screens look insane to me. Can't wait to play it and I know already I will never need to install anything like Qarl's or OBGE that drag down the frame rate.

If you were expecting Ubersampled Witcher 2, Metro 2033, Crysis 1, etc., I think you were just setting yourself up for disappointment.

As for tessellation, the devs confirmed all the way back in January and February, the game will run faster because of DX11 but that they would not be incorporating any DX11 eye candy features. This is not any kind of surprise.

The plus side to this will be MAX view distance and quick loading times on my SSD. Should be great! Smooth as silk as well I hope.

Back
Top Bottom