Star Wars Battlefront Beta

I actually was referring to Galactic Conquest it seems with the ship, and mixed it up with the campaign… But both exist.

I really enjoyed the Galactic conquest part and thought that should have been the MP mode imo.

Interesting.. I definitely don't remember being able to control a fleet of ships, and I'm quite sure that wasn't an option in any kind of single-player mode when I played it.

I don't remember any kind of story narration either, but that's probably just due to how long ago it was. I'm guessing that aspect was pretty bare-bones anyways.

Interesting.. I definitely don't remember being able to control a fleet of ships, and I'm quite sure that wasn't an option in any kind of single-player mode when I played it.

I don't remember any kind of story narration either, but that's probably just due to how long ago it was. I'm guessing that aspect was pretty bare-bones anyways.

The "fleet of ships" didn't play as a fleet. It was basically some tokens on a space map you moved around to decide where to attack next.

EDIT : You could make use of some cards to power up things if I remember correctly, such as have a Jedi or start with a tank.

Yikes! Better start dl'ing now.

EDIT: Lousy Origin failing on download. Probably site blocking at work. Can't imagine trying to DL 10GB at home.... :? Anyone else having success or issues?

Last edited:
I checked it out, and I wasn't impressed.

It seems rather simplistic and shallow. That's not to say it can't be a game of skill - it just means there doesn't seem to be enough "meat" on it for my tastes.

But it was mighty pretty and very smooth.

And so the star-wars cash-crab begins, I wonder how much Disney gets, how much EA gets and how much Dice gets.....

Well, I'm pretty sure DICE get a lot less than those other two :)

They're only doing all the work, after all.

And so the star-wars cash-crab begins, I wonder how much Disney gets, how much EA gets and how much Dice gets…..
1% DICE, 1% Disney, 30% Origin, the rest% EA.

Erm, wait. Unless Disney is also EA, it's actually 1% Disney, 99% EA. :evilgrin:

wow, 9 million players… biggest beta yet according to some news sources..

Take the 'biggest franchise EV4R', add a beloved game lineage, and a big hype machine (I got emails from aboutu 6 different directions across pretty much every email address) ... not surprising.

How come noone in last three days didn't link this?

The guy I usually don't agree with - Angry Joe - shares some thoughts on season pass...
Thing.

Sounds like Reddit drama is starting to verge on libel.

Back
Top Bottom