Star Wars Uprising - new Disney/Star Wars project: a phone game?

Smoother than you'd think. Inventory is a bit fiddly though. Let me download it again and get back to you. I still prefer it on iPad, but I recall the experience to be not too shabby.

I take it back. It's gorgeous on the iPhone and the control system is really good. Even the inventory icons are not bad at all to find and hit. The text can be a little dense for that size screen, but it's mostly voiced and the experience is actually pretty good.

Realtime co-op diabloesque on phonescreen? This might fit nicely into the pile of star wars games Im not planning to play.

realtime-coop.jpg

Might install it into my sons nexus 7 though if its specs are good enough. We are currently watching together star wars movies and its the first time for him.

On the RPC an employee of DEep Silver told me that Adventure Games would probably sell much better on tablets.

I knew, then, that the PC platform is doomed.

It is already degraded into a minor platform, because it is dominated by only a tiny amount of game genres.

The PC platform is about nothing but

- shooters
- RPGs
- Gangsta games
- racing games

cynically put.

Besides, during the last Star Wars movie there were already a few platform-exclusively games available - including one that had revealed that Darth Tyranus aka Count Dooku had something special prepared …

From Wookiepedia :

A major continuity difficulty was caused by the events of the Game Boy Advance game Star Wars: The New Droid Army. In the final battle of the game, Dooku was defeated and presumably killed by Anakin Skywalker. This was obviously unworkable within canon, so several retcons were introduced. The first was that the Dooku killed was a Dopplegänger created through the Force.[56] The second was that the Dooku killed was a clone.[15]

From Wookiepedia :
A major continuity difficulty was caused by the events of the Game Boy Advance game Star Wars: The New Droid Army. In the final battle of the game, Dooku was defeated and presumably killed by Anakin Skywalker. This was obviously unworkable within canon, so several retcons were introduced. The first was that the Dooku killed was a Dopplegänger created through the Force.[56] The second was that the Dooku killed was a clone.[15]

One thing I have always disliked about SW: expanded universe is how they constantly rely on these dumb plot devices such as how Emperor Papaltine didn't die in RotJ because good old palpy had a reserve of clones just waiting for his potential death. Which kind of ruins the point of the entire film and doesn't make any sense to me. So the only sensible solution is to simply ignore that kind of dumb crap.

Just like with that gameboy title… Why would they use Dooku as final boss if he can't be defeated due to establlished storyline. Why not simply create a new character for his place.

Even after ep3 there was some talk in few sw forums how Mace windu could have survived from the fall. As much as I love star wars.. crap of like this needs to go away :)

Last edited:
On the RPC an employee of DEep Silver told me that Adventure Games would probably sell much better on tablets.

I knew, then, that the PC platform is doomed.

It is already degraded into a minor platform, because it is dominated by only a tiny amount of game genres.

The PC platform is about nothing but

- shooters
- RPGs
- Gangsta games
- racing games

cynically put.

Why would a developer from a studio making Saints Row/Metro/zombie FPSs get you in such a depressed twist with a statement about PC gaming that doesn't pass the snort test the moment you look at page after page of new releases on Steam? PC has never been stronger in all genres. We are swimming in PC games.

One thing I have always disliked about SW: expanded universe is how they constantly rely on these dumb plot devices such as how Emperor Papaltine didn't die in RotJ because good old palpy had a reserve of clones just waiting for his potential death. Which kind of ruins the point of the entire film and doesn't make any sense to me. So only sensible to solution is to simply ignore that kind of dumb crap.

Fully agree and I can't take anything EU serious either. I'm glad that finally a couple years back or so LucasArts or LucasFilm or whoever at Lucas has established that the EU is non-canon and only the movies are canon.
Everything else... games, novels and so on is fictional bullshit that does not count. I like that.

Fully agree and I can't take anything EU serious either. I'm glad that finally a couple years back or so LucasArts or LucasFilm or whoever at Lucas has established that the EU is non-canon and only the movies are canon.
Everything else… games, novels and so on is fictional bullshit that does not count. I like that.

This is funny when I read this as EU = European Union

I am not enthusiastic ... but all still probably buy it, play for a couple of hours and never touch it again ...

Here I have been waiting for Joxer to comment... but looks like he won't.... he probably pretends this thread does not exist!

My my, the milking surprise.

I guess Disney are taking the name of our galaxy a bit too literally :)

Here I have been waiting for Joxer to comment… but looks like he won't…. he probably pretends this thread does not exist!

He probably doesn't even click a topic where "phone game" is mentioned :) Not that I'd blame him. I was happy for a blink of an eye when i read "new star wars project" but all hope died when the word "phone game" followed.

Is it really so hard to use sw license properly? What would it take them to release a good sw rpg similar to kotor or even an action game like jedi knight ?

He probably doesn't even click a topic where "phone game" is mentioned :)

Make a topic called New phone game based on Raven's Cry promises infinite respawns and to be as bug free as Skyrim - and let's test that theory :)

Im surprised people still get worked up about Star Wars, it hasn't been relevant to me since return of the Jedi.

Im surprised people still get worked up about Star Wars, it hasn't been relevant to me since return of the Jedi.

You mean it stopped being relevant after you saw Phantom Menace in the theater.

You mean it stopped being relevant after you saw Phantom Menace in the theater.

Actually watched it much later on DVD. Didn't finish watching it though and haven't seen the other 2.

Maybe someday I'll go back and try and watch them. Maybe if they would have come out closer to the first 3 movies when I was younger I would have felt different but after decades I could muster much enthusiasm for them.

Guess I'm not much for nostalgia.:)

Actually watched it much later on DVD. Didn't finish watching it though and haven't seen the other 2.

Maybe someday I'll go back and try and watch them. Maybe if they would have come out closer to the first 3 movies when I was younger I would have felt different but after decades I could muster much enthusiasm for them.

Guess I'm not much for nostalgia.:)

Well, I've never lost my fondness for the old trilogy - and I don't think nostalgia is the only reason. I think the romantic fantasy holds up because of a much more human touch, especially in ESB and RotJ.

Personally, I think the new scripts are terrible and the movies are the perfect example of how you can't replace the meat with green screen wizardry and expect a great result.

Well, I've never lost my fondness for the old trilogy - and I don't think nostalgia is the only reason. I think the romantic fantasy holds up because of a much more human touch, especially in ESB and RotJ.

Personally, I think the new scripts are terrible and the movies are the perfect example of how you can't replace the meat with green screen wizardry and expect a great result.

Nah, your right. I'm not much of a believer in nostalgia. If something's good it's just good no matter the time.

I got into to D&D pretty heavy in the 80's and fell in love with fantasy settings. As a result my interest in sci-fi really waned. I think that played a pretty big roll in me leaving Star Wars behind and then they helped me close the door in the first half of phantom menace.

I did get heavily in to transformers though after that but the new movies have ruined that.

Back
Top Bottom