The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Couchpotato spotted a progress update for Stellar Tactics:

Progress update

I'm still here...

First the facts since I've seen a few comments:

This game is not abandoned! It will never be abandoned.
I'm running late with chapter 3 and all milestones I've set following that.
The last patch was 2/9/24 - a hotfix. I generally do not post minor patch updates on the main Steam page.

You can always find the latest patch notes here.

I've struggled a bit with whether I should share this as I generally do not talk about my family. I do think it's important to be transparent, so here it is.

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in January. I'm sure some of you know how this goes. Endless tests, MRI, PET scan, samples, and doctors office visits. She is half way through the first cycle of chemo and doing well. We were lucky that we found it early as the prognosis is excellent. My heart goes out to anyone who has or has had this disease and their loved ones - or any form of cancer for that matter. It's terrifying!

My time has been very limited since February, and I have not been making the progress I expected. I am working on the game. However, my wife takes priority, and it's been a bit difficult staying focused. Around the middle of April, I started working at nearly my normal pace. All of the locations, enemies, enemy ships, modeling and other assets for chapter 3 are complete now. I've finished about 1/3 of the dialog, and when that's done I'll start integrating everything.

Right now I'm considering just finishing everything on my list and releasing chapter 3 and all other planned content/features in one major patch as a full BETA, rather than mini-releases over the coming months. It will save time and I won't need to pause for bug fixes between updates. As I do this work, I'll try to post progress updates more often. I get it, if you don't hear from me on a regular basis - some might assume I've abandoned my game. Not going to happen...

I'm not posting this looking for well wishes or sympathy. Really, I'm convinced she will be fine. It's a difficult treatment though, and I need to be present and supportive. I am asking you to be patient with me as I work through the rest of this content. It will get done - I'm on it.

Thanks as always for your support and have a great weekend!

More information.

I was wondering why he didn't release an update for over six months, now we all know why. Glad to finally know it's not abandoned, and that nothing worse happened.

That RPG roundtable was talking about how people keep calling games 'abandoned' - I guess this is an example.

That RPG roundtable was talking about how people keep calling games 'abandoned' - I guess this is an example.
When any developer goes quiet as most call it for months or a whole year it's safe to assume why many think it's abandoned. We live in a different age then 20 years ago.

Everyone is connected online and access's information almost everyday.

Back
Top Bottom