Sword Coast Legends - Preview Roundup

Don't forget that Knights of the Chalice only had three classes and while that kinda ruined the replay value the first play-through was great fun and I still consider it one of the best D&D games in recent years. (even if it was just OGL and not real D&D L)

6 classes in SCL should be awesome for a 4 character (+2 NPC!) game. :)
There is no way SCL is as good as KotC. Those 3 classes in that turn based system with awesome encounter design worked well.
Since SCL will not have anywhere near that good of basic system even 6 classes might not be enough.

I agree that real time with pause can't simulate feats as well. I'm personally going to wait and see the reviews. A decent story and game world could make up for lack of
character options. I liked Mass Effect, and that game had a sorry RPG system.

I grew up with Forgotten Realms games and books. This game will be like going back home. I'm going to play it if it won't be a total crap. I even played and finished PoR2 and enjoyed it.

I mean I would love to see a D&D game with dark souls combat and that wouldn't feel like the tabletop version at all, all the weapons, several manuals of monsters to choose from, the exploration. Man, Im getting excited just thinking about it and sadly it's not even a thing.

Now that would be great, especially in a setting like Planescape where imagination goes wild.

I would not mind that as an addition to a tactical d&d games but that game would be d&d in name only.
And how do you realise wizards in such a game? And then other classes?
It would be 5x more complex than DS games.

Back
Top Bottom