Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy Kickstarter

I wonder if the demo is actual slice of the game.

I played a bit of this. It is melee and range combat, no magic users or healing spells. Not really my thing but it has all the typical pieces of a non-magic rpg I guess. I thought it was silly that you can't fire a bow more than about 20 feet. They say thirteen steps but it would be ant steps. That was the biggest malus/con of the hour or two that i messed around. There were some alchemical recipes to recover energy and health. It does have lots of loot lying around in nooks and crannies.

I still haven't actually played Atom - got sidetracked in the first town by some other shiny game, so it's still on my list to play. I'm likely going to add this to my wishlist, but won't support the KS.
I think they will likely succeed, but they should put the Stretch Goals out by now to generate some more interest again for people.

Update #5 - In-game Note Information
Today we’d like to tell you more about the “Write an in-game note” reward, available for the Duke pledge tier and above.

Nova Drakonia is home to many secrets, plenty of which are transferred from person to person by means of writing. During your adventure there will be many occasions when you will stumble upon a cryptic riddle hinting at some buried treasure, a mysterious book disclosing the location of an ancient jungle temple, a map fragment showing the route to a barbarian village, a manuscript detailing a hidden combat technique, or even something as mundane as someone’s hundred year old grocery shopping list.

With the In-Game Note reward you will be able to pen something like this… or something entirely different! It’s all up to you.

If you are eligible for this reward, it means our writers will contact you soon after the campaign ends. Together you will brainstorm its contents. While general rules of the setting and its lore should apply—you will be otherwise free to let your imagination run wild!

Worldbuilding side by side with our players and backers has always been a priority for our crew, and we hope to do a lot more of it through this reward.

Stay tuned for the next update, where we will delve into more details about Swordhaven’s development and showcase some cool new content!

I played a bit of this. It is melee and range combat, no magic users or healing spells. Not really my thing but it has all the typical pieces of a non-magic rpg I guess. I thought it was silly that you can't fire a bow more than about 20 feet. They say thirteen steps but it would be ant steps. That was the biggest malus/con of the hour or two that i messed around. There were some alchemical recipes to recover energy and health. It does have lots of loot lying around in nooks and crannies.
It's not magic-less, we just don't have it to start.

I agree about the range of bows seeming somewhat short. It annoyed me a few times in the demo when my characters would move closer to fire when I didn't want them to. Could be that it depends on the bow though and the full game will have weapons with greater range.

Update #6 - Crafting + Loading Screens
Hello, friends! Today, we wanted to talk a little about the crafting/alchemy and modification systems in Swordhaven.

What you saw in the demo is somewhat rough, since it is, as you know, a work in progress, and because it was created before we had a chance to read some of your feedback.

But, without further ado, let’s go ahead with our attempt to paint the whole picture of what we have in store.

Update #7 - Combat System + Feedback Quiz
Hello everyone! The last weeks were spent doing a lot of work on a wide array of tasks mainly inspired by your feedback on combat.

We have tweaked the existing encounters that seemed unfair to either your party or the enemies that were too weak. Additionally, combat abilities and weapon damage have undergone the first of many rounds of polish.

Only about $2000 to go with 17 days left. They'll definitely make it. However, middle of campaigns is usually very slow, so it might be a slow crawl to the finish line.

Still telling that they will barely drag themselves through the finish line with such a low goal (it doesn't even cover the one-year salary of a single dev). I remember when solid projects like this gathered hundreds of thousands of dollars with a dozen stretch goals within a month.

Best wishes regardless, there is a good chance I will play it at one or another point.

Well according to my Interview this game has all the funds needed to be finished.They just used Kickstarter for publicity and extra funding. Same with the Atom games.

If I remember they made AtomRPG with barely $30,000 earned.:unsure:

Back
Top Bottom