Templar Battleforce - Reviews

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
News huntress Eye spotted three reviews for Templar Battleforce:

Omni Horizon:
Templar Battleforce is a must have for all fans of tactical strategy games!

Score: 8/10
Gaming on Linux:
Final thoughts: It's actually not bad at all and I've enjoyed what I've played, but the windowing definitely needs sorting out. I actually found myself getting a little engrossed in it, so I think a lot of you will enjoy it if I did.
Tech Manicas:
Templar Battleforce demands a lot from players. It's simply unsatisfying in a large number of ways, from its stale writing to lackluster appearance, but for those who are fans of the genre and willing to invest the time, it can be very rewarding. What Templar Battleforce does better than nearly any other game in recent memory is make players' choices truly matter, not in how the story plays out, but in how they actually play the game.
More information.

I'm in my first real mission after the "tutorial" and I like it so far. The story is a bit cheesy and the whole game is modelled after Warhammer 40K, but the game-play is really nice. Def worth a look for all turn-based tactics fans out there.

I'm in my first real mission after the "tutorial" and I like it so far. The story is a bit cheesy and the whole game is modelled after Warhammer 40K, but the game-play is really nice. Def worth a look for all turn-based tactics fans out there.

Compared to some of the game related story's I have had to endure over the past couple of years, the one in Templar Battleforce is a epic novel, book of the year material. :)

LOL that's not much of a praise is it? :)

Thee guys also made Heroes of Steel, a more traditional, fantasy, turn-based rpg. It's pretty good, though I haven't played much past chapter 2. There are two early parts that foreshadow a potentially good story.

Last edited:
I'm having a lot of fun with it. What really makes it is the mission design, the missions are flavorful and varied and often feel extremely tense. I like the upgrade tree as well. The mechanics of the game itself aren't necessarily all that impressive, but they manage to do a great deal with them through the campaign and metagame.

I would love to play it but with WL2DC and D:OSEE release imminent there is nowhere to fit this game. With Xcom2 pushed back for 2016 maybe I am able to fit it after F4 (which I expect to get bored with after 20h just I did with skyrim)

You are talking about two games that are releasing soon, but keep in mind that both of these will likely require several patches before you should dare touching. You have plenty of time to explore Templar Battleforce.

Wondering how these guys can work on so many games simultaneously. ^^

Still waiting for Heroes of Steel being patched up. Even though it was released in April 2014 they are still improving it regularly.

You are talking about two games that are releasing soon, but keep in mind that both of these will likely require several patches before you should dare touching. You have plenty of time to explore Templar Battleforce.
These addons are patches for the base game. One would hope they will be released without needing more patches :D

These day's, I always give the big overhyped titles 2-6 months before going anywhere near them. Start playing before that can only bring pain.

They have just released a update for HOS which improves the UI.

Luckily for us there are many games to sink our teeth into, while waiting for all the overhyped titles :devilish:

You guys really like this game? Admittedly I have only watched TotalBisquit's "15 Minutes of Game - Templar Battleforce" but it looks slow, clunky and boring...

Back
Top Bottom